Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Be Careful!
5/18/2007 2:40:57 AM
Hi Kathy, Thankfully, everything has worked out well for me this time, and I have resolved to be even more careful in the future! God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/18/2007 2:46:00 AM
Hi Ricardo, One must be very careful when naming names. You must be very sure you have all the facts before accusing anyone of being dishonest. In many cases, you will be threatened with a lawsuit very quickly, and if you are WRONG, you might even find yourself facing a lawsuit. You can get around this to a point by stating that in your opinion the stated company is unethical or fraudulent. However, once again, you should be very sure, as you do not want to smear someone over a misunderstanding. The company I have just been dealing with was most helpful and I was able to get this situation resolved quickly once I found enough information. Note that it would have been wrong of them to just give me access without me providing enough information, as that would be a dangerous breach of security. I am happy to give the name of the company and to recommend them as a good company to deal with. They are called Wild West Domains. God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/18/2007 2:56:41 AM
Hi Donna, If your domain is locked, it means that no one can transfer it or change the ownership information without providing proper identification. What this is supposed to do is protect you from having your domain stolen. If the name is important to you, you need to go through your records to find out how to update your domain, and log in to your account where the domain is locked. Once you are there and have provided the necessary proof of ownership, you can change the DNS information to transfer the domain. If the company is reputable and you have the necessary information, it should be easy to transfer your domain. God bless, Dave
+0