Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
A MATTER OF ATTITUDE
5/14/2007 12:13:04 PM
1.) As you Study the biblical concept of subbmission, one of the most important things to learn is that God wants us to have a submissive Attitude. He does not us to submit with resentment, resignition, or bitterness. He does not want our submission to be legalistic. He wants it to come from the heart because of our trust in him, because of our confidence that he honors submission. 2.) Submissiveness was an attitude found in Jesus. Read about it in Philipppians 2:5-9. How do we see submissiveness in Jesus? 3.) Again read about Jesus' submissiive attitude in 1 Peter 2:13-21 (note particularly the first part of v. 13, the first part of v. 18, and v. 21). 4.) Once we realize that Jesus Christ was a perfect model of submissiveness, we realize that submissiveness does not mean certain things. It does not mean: (a) lack of conviction, (b) silence, (c) violating your conciance, (d)weakness, (e)inferiority. Instead submissiveness, as we see it in Jesus, does mean: (a) surrender of self-interest,(b)yielding of personal rights in order to benifit others, and (c) trusting God. Some people think submit means to do nothing, but we see Jesus' life that submission meant trusting God and that is HARDLY "Nothing." 5.) In view of what we see in Jesus, which Christians should be submissive? 6. Ultimately, to whom are we to be submissive? Read James 4:7-8.
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Podo Pierre

293 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: A MATTER OF ATTITUDE
5/14/2007 6:05:57 PM

Dear Thomas,

Most people are submissive to their environment , religious beliefs and family values. Sometimes submission is also driven by lack . As we grow in faith we endanger or enhance our attitudes based on what truly drives our motives.

I tell you a little story: - Thirteen years  ago , I was sent to the Philippines by one of their Ambassadors, to study the prospect of Bilateral Trade opportunities with Africa. This guy was a Muslim . While in the Philippines,  my guide and almost every other friend who invited me for Lunch or diner happened to belong to the same faith.

They spent all the time talking about the Muslim religion, the values and Merits ., while I continued to defend the causes and eternal values of Jesus and Christianity. This went on for six months. Everyone stood by his faith. Then it was Christmas and fortunately my birthday was just a few days after.

Then the surprise. The hotel delivered three big boxes into my room  from three different Filipino families. Boldly inscribed.  'Happy Birthday '.  I hurriedly opened the first packet, then the last , and found that it was the same gifts, ' THREE BIG ENGLISH VERSIONS OF THE KORAN' ?

Were they trying to violate my conscience, or did these fellows see my religion as inferior ?  Instead of being submissive, I decided to show my faith by my works. I  decided to read the whole Koran , to understand how  the Muslim behaved, what they believed in ,and to see how they could collaborate with other Religions.

To be very brief,  after reading through the Koran I had a better understanding of their lack of conviction, to oblige them to yield and give respect to my beliefs. I also discovered that even the Koran was submissive to the teachings of Jesus Christ . The lessons we all learned ,was to be humble before God and Man, no matter his Origin or Status  or Religion.

Pierre Louma

Podo3500
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: A MATTER OF ATTITUDE
5/14/2007 8:42:21 PM
Amen Pierre, great story, one that is likely to be read by me over and over again. The attidude is what you belive in and by what you stand for, Truth can be known in the Bible if it applyed in the right way so there is no "out of context issues" and have them lose sight as to what Jesus wants from us. As i stated before it doesnt matter what kind of Faith you have just that you have faith, from that, it is your heart that will determond the right kind of Faith to have. Differance is in people hearts is that there is no differance in ones heart, you have to be able to know how to search for it. So i teach what was tought to me, i think this is why my heart speaks, so i speak it for my Lord Jesus .It is by far the best just to share your faith as you did Pierre than to set a goal to cover multi-tudes in one go. Our Church of Christ is still growing with one Baptism a month and that is great considering the Sector that im in is only less then 200 . What you say to others , those who listen will break down then its time to let a bit of light in for them to shine just as you are doing Pierre, God is proud of you and so am I. Thank you. God_bless you !
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0