Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Something different
5/14/2007 12:15:54 AM
Hello Bogdan,

very interesting question and thought provoking too !

As a Christian, I believe God would want us to be responsible with what we have..be it spiritual gifts or materialistic one. If we prove ourselves responsable with what we have, HE promises to bless us with more. That I think explains your Bible verse.

However from a  philosophical angle, I would quote Socrates here "virtue is knowledge". Virtues displayed define the heights one can achieve ! There is always the right way and the wrong way ! It doing things the right way, for the right reason, and with the right motivation, keeps you going up up and away ! Do things for the opposite and you just fizzle out unnoticed and of bad  repute..gets you no-where.

Bottom line, be responsible and you will not end up poor in any sense of the word !

Blessings to you, your family and  your  staff for this wonderful community we enjoy !!

Pauline R

INTEGRITY IS THE MOST DESIRED, DEMANDED, AND RESPECTED QUALITY OF LEADERSHIP

ADLAND PRAYER CELL
P O T W
BIZZYBLOGZ
WEALTHSOLUTIONS
AD$URF ALL$TAR TEAM

+0
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/14/2007 12:26:13 AM
Hi Bogdan,

Very interesting responses.

I think it has a lot to do with how we are trained to think. Unfortunately the majority are trained to think in terms of scarcity. We also do a lousy job of teaching people about setting goals, and actions to get us to our goals.  And finally we do not believe we can have.

If you can have, then you have. I think that is what your verse means. Most of us "can't have" and there for we don't have. We tell ourselves I can't have that, I can't afford that, etc, and then we can't have that and we can't afford that. Sounds like some horrible riddle doesn't it.

Schools should teach courses on "how to think rich, or how to think "have", but all the nay sayers out there would accuse us of being materialistic I think.

Good question, lots to think about.

Nick Grimshawe
Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0
Jason Leverette

27 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/14/2007 2:27:18 AM

Bogdan, the parable means simply: "Diligence is rewarded and slothiness is (punished) not rewarded".  Jason Leverette

"Those who have and share not,have less than I".  Jason leverette, Patriot 

"LIFE IS GOOD AGAIN" 2x2 Matrix pays $3,600 www.lifeisgoodagain.com (Password is: life)
+0
Jason Leverette

27 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/14/2007 2:44:35 AM
Bogdan, "Nobody retires rich or poor, they simply die".  Jason Leverette, Patriot
"LIFE IS GOOD AGAIN" 2x2 Matrix pays $3,600 www.lifeisgoodagain.com (Password is: life)
+0
5/14/2007 5:44:23 AM

Hello All:

One of the passages that motivates my day reminds one to " not be envious of what a man has today, for tomorrow his material wealth could be as he one day will be... dust."

One thing that I attempt to do in matters such as these and in being asked questions realative to both matertial and spiriatual wealth is to remind anyone who will listen that they are duty bound to share both; they are to offer a message of hope and when doing so, instruct others to do the same. Here is where we each assist in changing the hearts and minds of others - one person at a time.

Always in friendship,

Joe Buccheri

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!