Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Something different
5/13/2007 10:30:25 PM

Today I would like to do something different.

A question I would like to ask as it is one which is the subject which fascinated philosopher and thinkers throughout the ages.

What do you think?

Why do some people retire rich and most people retire poor?

Do you know this parable from the Bible.

"To him that hath, shall more be given, and he shall have abundance. But from him that hath not, even that which he hath shall be taken away."

What do you make of that?

Bogdan

Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Something different
5/13/2007 10:51:25 PM

Hi Bogdan ole buddy, i couldn't resists the scripture, of course i responded, but i wonder sometimes to, most philosphers i think have an ideal of what love and experiances of life can create in a person, also known in the Bible the Maji or the wisdom teachers. Perfectly fine in my eyes to see ones points of view on a subject matter or a concept. The parable was referring to the word Love.

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Donald Rich

1529 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/13/2007 10:51:53 PM

HI BOGDAN, THE RICH GET RICHER, THE POOR GET POORER.     GOOD NEWS FOR YOU , NOT FOR ME.(LOL)

+0
5/13/2007 10:55:18 PM
I remember a friends response to someone asking "If you're so smart why aren't you rich?" He said "That is a paradox that somehow escapes me."

Of course the bible says we have not because we ask not and that we also ask with the wrong motives.

The Bible verse you quote is talking about how those servants had decided to invest or not invest their masters money. I find it interesting that the money is called talents & look at it in the parallel that are we using all the God has blessed us with to further his Kingdom? In that parable all the gain was for their master not their own. I guess it is all about our motives. If we do what is right with what we are given the side benefit to us will be to be given even more.

Mathew 25:21 then goes on to say
(New International Version)

"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

So faithfulness produces many blessings.

You can, if you think you can. You are somebody, cause God don't make no junk!
+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/13/2007 11:31:27 PM

Hi bogdan,

It means quite simply

Those with deep pockets will always have money to jump in at a good opertunity and make more.

While those that dont have deep pockets will continue to struggle because they dont have the chance to jump on the good opertunities.

This is typical of the internet and why so many that could do well dont because they never get the chance.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!