Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Don't Abandon Us!
5/13/2007 7:53:50 PM
Hi Beverly!  My, oh, my - it's good to see you here.  Lots of hugs backatcha!

Keep standing on your soapbox, dear lady.  I hope people listen.

Whether the reasons for going into Iraq were right or wrong are now immaterial.  To leave at this point would be criminal and would, indeed, be leaving a mess that many of the younger generation cannot imagine.

Those who are old enough  (sigh) SHOULD remember what happened after the US pulled out of Vietnam.  It resulted in a bloodbath (ill-reported in the West) such as most cannot imagine (a movie was made about it, called "The Killing Fields.")  I read about it as it happened, complete with photos, by brave French journalists who dared to stay in the area and published their articles in Paris Match (1970s).

I agree wholeheartedly with you Beverly.  Government by God IS the answer, but few will accept that idea.  It tends too much to stifle human nature.

God bless,

Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/13/2007 7:59:05 PM
Hi Bill,

I also have friends and friends of friends who have served in Iraq.  They are very strong supporters of the effort being made there, and bring back many stories of Iraqi citizens coming up to them, shaking their hands, and thanking them for being there.

Many of these soldiers have gone back as private citizens to continue in the effort to help Iraq rebuild their shattered nation.

God bless,

Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/13/2007 8:28:28 PM
Hi Darryl,

I suggest that you reread the initial post in this thread!  Who do you think Hoshyar Zebari is?  He is first of all, an Iraqi citizen, and secondly, Iraq's democratically elected foreign minister.  Should we be asking the Iraqi citizens what they want?  Darryl, they are telling us what they want.  They certainly DO NOT want to be abandoned at this point.

I am also apalled by your lack of understanding of world events and your apparent willingness to suggest and even to choose to believe (without ONE shred of evidence) that your own country would orchestrate such a chilling event as the attack of 9/11!  What are you thinking??

If you have even one piece of concrete evidence other than the rhetoric of conspiracy theorists, how about sharing it with us now.  Honor the memories of heroes like your dad and grandad by digging for the truth, not by spreading nonsense that only serves the purposes of those who would like to destabilize the entire western way of life.

Whether you like it or not,  the economy of the world IS centered around the Middle East and Persian Gulf area, and if that area becomes too unstable, the WHOLE world will suffer.  If the area is allowed to explode in all out war, the economy of the whole world WILL collapse.  Of course greed is involved.  But do you think it is limited only to those on this side of the Atlantic or only those of European descent?

Do not be offended by my reply, but instead, do some digging, even if it is to try to prove me wrong.  I am very much in support of the constructive sharing of facts.

God bless,

Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/13/2007 8:30:14 PM
Hi Bill,

All I can say is, AMEN!  Thanks for supporting the truth.

God bless,

Dave
+0
5/13/2007 9:11:47 PM

War is a very dirty business that has an extremely high cost. It is great that some individuals in Baghdad are starting to get somewhat back to a "normal" routine.

I know that the things happening in the world are well beyond any man's control. Everything that happens or will happen is under the control of the Almighty God. If it is in his will that all foreign troop pull out of Baghdad, then so be it. God is in control, and he already has everything worked out for the betterment of those who love him. We may not understand it all right now, but we will one day.

As far as being fearful of possible attacks, even in this country we are not immune to attacks; but my God doesn't want me to live under the influence of the spirit of fear. So I will continue to pray for this world and its imhabitants to draw closer to him in prayer for the right thing to do.

Dora J. Lemons Free Ebook Download-http://freedomtech.successin10steps.com OJEEZ Networking Community http://www.ojeez.com/berettanine Apsense Networking Community http://www.apsense.com/invite/berettanine Edownline: Together Everyone Achieves
+0