Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Sorry I Need Money
5/2/2007 2:22:55 PM
Hi John, Thanks for the button supply. I was running low! You forgot the one that says, "Fell out of the Stupid Tree and hit every branch on the way down!" Keep up the fun. God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/2/2007 2:31:39 PM
Hi Jason, Well done, my friend. You have made the discovery that so many miss: "You need a solid and valuable product,opportunity or service and you need to get targeted traffic to hit that site." That is the same secret for brick and mortar business, as well. Perhaps one of the reasons so much junk (spam) gets posted is because there are so many junk programs... God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/2/2007 3:08:55 PM
Hi John Carey, Thank you for taking the time to reply so thoroughly and well. It is very true that media outlets are, indeed, advertising and marketing houses. TGAMM FM Radio demonstrates very well here on Adlandpro how to use this media, including forums and email, in a responsible, intelligent and effective manner. About spam, safe lists (agreed to spam ) and the rest, I don't see where anyone here inside ALP can offer a valid complaint over these messages. :-) First of all, I do not include the words "agreed to" with the word "spam." I DO agree that many or most of the emails going out through the direct contact link are NOT spam, as whether members realize it or not, they have agreed to accept these emails by being a member of Adlandpro. Spam is anything that has NOT been agreed to. For example, if you had come to this thread, posted a message in it that simply said, "Buy my stuff," and that's it, it would be way out of context and annoying. Similarly, those who send ads in first contact messages (Friends invitations) are simply spamming, regardless of the rules. Spam does far more harm to the sender than to the receiver and can ruin his or her communication lines completely. A BUSINESS WITHOUT A SIGN IS A SIGN OF NO BUSINESS That, also, is very true. Signs are great when they are put where people can see them without blocking their view of what they want or need to see. (did you see that? lol!) However, just as it is insane to jump in front of moving traffic with a big sign in the brick and mortar world, it is crazy to put up signs in the online world where they are an annoying nuisance to the observer rather than an effective communications tool. Your post is a good example of proper usage of a sign. You have included a link to AD HEAVEN in your post that goes very well with the flow of what you have written, fits perfectly in this thread, and helps the reader to remember your business without blocking their view. There is nothing wrong with advertising like that unless it is expressly forbidden. Signature files are also an absolutely great and spam free way to advertise (where is yours?) as they are expected in both emails and forums almost universally. They are the billboard signs along the information super highway and need to be used a lot more by everyone. God bless, Dave
+0
Tony Isaacs

69 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/2/2007 7:23:16 PM
Dave, I think you have the makings for another forum here:  Dave's Rants!  LOL

This is another good one and I agree with you completely.

BTW, I know zilch about network marketing.  If you have any magic to pass along to help me with my ebook sales, I would welcome it.

Live long, live healthy, live happy! Tony Isaacs - natural health advocate and author, including "Cancer's Natural Enemy" - http://www.rose-laurel.com Live longer, healthier and happier at The Best Years in Life - http://ww.tbyil.com
+0
5/3/2007 1:22:47 AM

Hi Loraine

thanks for the comments.  It is an interesting set of rules as it not only applies to direct sales but to all forms of promotion.

As an example when I was lecturing - and usually to people who did not have English as their native tongue, one very quickly learned how important it was to be able to make the points 'headline - copy- sales pitch - response'  in exactly the same way as in print or electronic media.

At the end of the day you are left with a reputation - both as a business and as a person, it is better to learn early how important these are.

Just a reminder for anyone interested - and I am NOT selling anything here, but if there are others out there who love Old Posters, I am now producing a monthly online magazine called (imaginatively?) The Poster Online, which is completely Free of any charges.  Yes, I have an ulterior motive - I want to build this up into something that can attract advertising and/or sponsorship - but it will always remain Free to the readers.

I would appreciate this being passed on to anyone you know who could be interested in receiving it.  It can be ordered directly through me on norman.clark@wanadoo.fr or if you don't want to send me your e-mail address then it can now be downloaded from http://one.fsphost.com/ThePosterOnline

If anyone IS interested in buying books on the subject then I now have eight volumes (available separately) of poster collections which can be bought as print editions or downloaded inexpensively (approx. $6.00 a time) from http://www.lulu.com/Normlaure0

My plugs for the day!

Cheers,

Norm

Ad-books for fun and education

http://www.lulu.com/Normlaure0

Norm Clark
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!