Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Neil Reinhardt

1314 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: The Continuing Disaster of Chernobyl
4/26/2007 3:19:48 PM
Hey Darryl, Do YOU KNOW what a LIE IS? I ask as I find there are far too many who seem to have NO clue! IT is NOT a LIE if those making the statment believe what they are saying at the time is TRUE! While what they said may have been wrong, it does NOT mean it was a lie. I bring this up as I am sick and tired of the anti-war IDIOTS saying Bush lied about WMD in Iraq. NO ONE has provided ONE shred of proof Bush KNEW what he was saying was not true. And anyone with a functioning brain and a modicum of knowledge knows the WMD were ONLY ONE of EIGHT reasons Congress used to pass the resolution to use force in Iraq. Please, Take Care! Neil
This Grumpy Old Son Of A Beach says: For a simple, inexpensive, and great tasting, way to earn money, click here: ----------------------- http://NeilsTeam.jerkydirect.com -------------------- And for a progam which is better than most mlm's I know of
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/27/2007 3:31:56 AM
Hi Neil, First of all, I must agree with you on the original coverage and admit that I do not have statistics on the kind of coverage the disaster received in the US then and the kind of coverage it's getting now. I do remember the news reports at the time, but it has been virtually forgotten here in Canada. In fact, if you talk to young people here who were either very young when it happened or born shortly after, most of them know nothing about the Chernobyl disaster. I am not opposed to nuclear power. In fact, I'm quite a strong advocate of it, as it has a much lower environmental impact than say, damming up a river and flooding thousands of acres of wilderness for hydro, or burning coal to create power. As long as the systems are properly designed AND the waste is properly disposed of, nuclear power is very efficient and clean. The problem that needs to be remembered from Chernobyl was not caused by a technical flaw, but by human error. There IS no room for error with nuclear power. Chernobyl has shown us how devastating the consequences of a mistake can be. If that had happened in a more densely populated area, it is mind boggling to think about how great the disaster would have been. We don't need to fight against nuclear power, but we must not become complacent about it. Indeed, we DO have the technology to safely and cleanly generate nuclear power, with built-in safeguards to prevent inevitable human error from causing a disaster like Chernobyl or worse. However, we ALSO know that cheating and shortcuts are things that are all too common in the business world, today, and that COULD include nuclear power plants, unless we, the people who vote, continue to remind our political leaders that we want an uncompromised system in place to make sure that sites that have the potential to cause massive destruction ARE built the way they are supposed to be built. God bless, Dave
+0
Neil Reinhardt

1314 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/28/2007 3:22:39 AM
Hi Dave As usual, I agree with most all of what you say. While it was human error, had there been proper safeguards designed & installed, it probably would not have happend. I have no doubt many of the younger Americans would have no to little knowledge of it either. I think nuclear power is the only real short term answer to our power needs and so I hope we really get in to building MANY nuclear plants soon. A FAVOR Dave, I asked people to welcome a friend, only three have even viewed it and so I am asking you to check out his profile and maybe ask others to do the same. (When you read it, I think you will see why I am pretty sure you will.) Thanks! ----------------------------------- http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/659188.aspx ----------------------------------- Neil
This Grumpy Old Son Of A Beach says: For a simple, inexpensive, and great tasting, way to earn money, click here: ----------------------- http://NeilsTeam.jerkydirect.com -------------------- And for a progam which is better than most mlm's I know of
+0