Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Why's Everyone Whining about Spam?
4/17/2007 2:13:44 PM
Hi everyone, A couple of us here on Adlandpro have a rather perplexing puzzle. Perhaps you can help to solve it... Both Wayne Ellis and I regularly read posts from Adlandpro members complaining about all the spam they get - some even threaten to go offline altogether - yet Wayne has discovered an almost perfect solution, and virtually no one seems to be even slightly interested! Wayne sent me a message about the system after reading some of the posts on my Online Safety and Security Forum. It's a system unlike any other that has been tried, so far, and it eliminates the problems of conventional email filtering software that tends to filter out email you WANT to get, and allows in sneaky mail you DON'T want to get. This new system is virtually unbeatable; it would require some very serious and expensive new software and a very powerful computer running at full throttle for hours to get by it. You can read the information Wayne has gathered at his BLOG So the question remains; if spam is such a problem for so many people here on Adlandpro, why is the interest level so low for this new system? Do people not want to do something that fixes the problem? Perhaps it's like the person who had a broken arm that healed up, who quickly broke it again - it was something to talk about and draw attention... God bless, Dave
+0
Re: Why's Everyone Whining about Spam?
4/17/2007 2:17:39 PM
Dave,

As a Mac user, I use microsoft entourage which has an adjustable spam filter that lets me filter out most of the junk & can be taught when it grabs something I do want to get. That's why I have no interest.

You can, if you think you can. You are somebody, cause God don't make no junk!
+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/17/2007 2:19:22 PM

Hello Dave,

You and Wayne are very powerful and Influential men here at adlandpro.

People should be listening,I have no idea why they complain but do not want to take advise.I guess thats why they say, you can take the horse to the water but you cant make them drink.

really we should just push them in,!!!!I did a funny!!!lol lol

Thank you for all you do.I appreciate you.

Kathy Hamilton/simikathy.com

I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/17/2007 2:38:11 PM
Hi Darryl, Ah... you are using a REAL computer! lol! I, too, as an owner of numerous domains, have long ago developed my own way of dealing with the stuff, but the vast majority of people continue to be frustrated when this new software makes it unnecessary. God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/17/2007 2:40:16 PM
Hi Kathy, Thanks for giving me a great laugh, this morning!! You certainly did a funny! lol! I can just picture it... :-D God bless, Dave
+0