Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
The
The Drummerboy

1069 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
A Motivational Story with Wisdom
4/4/2007 12:30:01 PM
A Motivational Story with Wisdom

A group of frogs were traveling through the woods, and two of them fell into a deep pit. All the other frogs gathered around the pit. When they saw how deep the pit was, they told the two frogs that they were as good as dead.

The two frogs ignored the comments and tried to jump up out of the pit with all of their might. The other frogs kept telling them to stop, that they were as good as dead. Finally, one of the frogs took heed to what the other frogs were saying and gave up. He fell down and died.

The other frog continued to jump as hard as he could. Once again, the crowd of frogs yelled at him to stop the pain and just die. He jumped even harder and finally made it out.

When he got out, the other frogs said, "Did you not hear us?" The frog explained to them that he was deaf. He thought they were encouraging him the entire time.

This story gives us thoughts to think about:

1. An encouraging word to someone who is down can encourage them to achieve their goal.
    2. A destructive word to someone who is down can have negative effects. Be careful of what you say.

Words:
"The Snow may look smooth and soft,
but the rocks underneath are sharp!"

One last point..............

Are your words encouraging?

~ Drummerboy Keep on thinking positive…..thank God for everything that’s good in your life……..and make it a great week!

+0
Re: A Motivational Story with Wisdom
4/4/2007 1:36:35 PM
Brian,

Our tongues do get us in a lot of trouble.
Here's a cartoon to illustrate. Hope it pastes here o.k.
here's the link as I don't think I could paste it here.
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/deanrankine/tongue/series.php  

Darryl

You can, if you think you can. You are somebody, cause God don't make no junk!
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/4/2007 2:39:07 PM
Brian,

What a fantastic post!  You have the secret of brillance.
If you don't mind me adding to this perfect lesson.  I found out the hard way, that even though we mean well sometimes we can cause someone to quite.  At one time, I was a requested to observe how things were being done at a company.  While I was venturing around this company and watching how folks did their tasks, I saw this one very eager person lifting boxes from a stack to a cart.  He was so happy at what he was doing it made me feel happy.  But, what I observed was this person was lifting the boxes in a way that could be detrimental to his health.  Meaning well for all, I pointed out to this young man that if he lifted the boxes another way, his back would not be harmed.  His eagerness drained immediatly and his big happy smile was absent the rest of my time at that company. 
So, we really do need to be careful what we say, when we say it, to whom we say it and for the right reasons to say it.

I really enjoyed this story and your insight.  Thank you for spreading great advice.
***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Donald Rich

1529 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/4/2007 5:07:48 PM

BRIAN, VERY ENJOYABE STORY. SO MANY DIFFERANT SITUATIONS IT APPLYS TO.

LIFE, SPORTS, ENPLOYMENT, INTERNET MARKETING. DON'T LISTEN TO THE NAW SAYERS.

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/4/2007 9:50:52 PM

Hi Brian!

Thanks for the invite to a great story!

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0