Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thank You
3/11/2007 11:05:01 PM

Thank you for the invite.  Helping Hands is what it is all about. As from my profile, I am on personal leave to care for my terminally ill mother who has lung cancer.  It is a journey that I wish on know one.  Such a roller coaster ride, financially and emotionally.

At the present I don't have a business to promote as my hands are quite full at the present.

I would appreciate any advice on organizations that could help mother, who only gets 644.00, to help with her meals, and medications.

I work for Walmart and they have paid 2 of my car payments, but I still had it repo.  I just couldnt do it.

Taking and being here for my mother is her final wish. She is my life.

Once you loose a parent, it is a void in the heart, that can never be filled.

Cancer

My mother has cancer, you see

Please, God, don't take her from me

She is the reason I am the person today.

Please, God, let her stay.

May God Bless everyone

Melissa Dobbins
+0
Re: Thank You
3/11/2007 11:15:17 PM
Hi

I know what you are going through, for I had to do it  3

times.  If you call the hospitals they know place were

you get the help you need at home.  As for helping you

if you go to church that is a place to start.  If not ask the
social worker at the hospital.   If there a good nursing

home near you they can also fine help for you.

May god Bless you

Thank you

Eileen
Eileen Curwen
+0
3/11/2007 11:24:51 PM

Thaks Eileen for your reply.  We live in a small community of 500 people, and there is not much help around these parts of West Virginia. I do get food once a month from our local chech, and they do all they can do.  My mother makes 12.00 a month to much to be eligable for medicaid.  The american cancer society helped me with gas cards to get mother to and from radiation and chemo.

God will never put more on your shoulders than you can bare.

missy

Melissa Dobbins
+0
Lloyd Fowlie

2 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/12/2007 11:23:29 AM
Cancer is cruel disease I know I have myself for the second time. If you would help your mother the best thing to is not to give false praise. It a natural thing for you to want to say something positive. and there are many ways to that. But comments that are clearly not true have strange effect on someone in your mothers condition. Let me see if I can explain. during my last go to with cancer after 2 months of combined radiation and chemo my body was a deplorable state burnt from the rays, starved from the chemo looking in the mirror was not easy and for awhile there I resolved not to do that with the result being that i looked even worse. Knowing this can you imagine how I felt when I heard something like "your looking good today" or "you seem to be holding up well" things that I knew were not true and only being said I thought fil the time in. You say things like that to someone who is dieing and does not have a hold on things. what is needed is truth just as you would tell a healthy person if something was amiss with their looks crooked lipstick or food on the corner of their mouth, a peace something in their hair, like that.
+0
3/12/2007 11:28:48 AM

May God Bless you and keep you safe.  My mothers memory has been gone for over a year due to the brain radiation.  she also lost almost all of her hearing.

I was very up front with her in the beginning, as we had discussed this several times in the beginning, and I promised to never keep nothing from her.

Stay strong, and well

Melissa Dobbins
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!