Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Fishing on the Delaware River
3/8/2007 10:00:54 AM

Here are some shots from my family fishing on the mighty Delaware River and one of me from the Atlantic Ocean.  Hope you enjoy:

dawn_striped_bass.jpgMy wife, Dawn and "striper"Melfish2000.jpgMy daughter Melissa a couple years back on the Delaware with small catfish...

024_22A.jpgDawn's brother and catfish from Delaware River.

scottstripedbass.jpgMe this past Nov. on the Atlantic Ocean with a 22 lb. striper aka striped bass.

Eat, Sleep, Go Fishing
+0
Jason Lamure

3475 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Fishing on the Delaware River
3/9/2007 5:00:33 AM

Great shots Scott!

Your daughter looks she is having a ball!

We have a lot of Catfish here too.

The South Nation River runs behind my house, through my village it goes down thru a series of rapids about a 1/2 mile long.

We get a lot of 5- 10 pound Channel Cats when throwing power grubs for Walleyes and Smallmouth bass.

Good fight with the bigger cats for sure.

Once in while a big muskie will bust off my jig (I use 6lb line, light action tackle)

Smallie with the bridge over the South Nation River in background 

South Nation River, Plantagenet, Ontario

Sometimes the Walleye isn't much bigger than the jig!

This is "the spot", the river goes over an underwater shelf and into a deeper pool here. Big and plentiful walleye in spring and early summer.

I landed a monster walleye , 2nd biggest of my entire life, right here. Did not have camera...ouch! Town Church Steeple in background (Many French Canadians here, so RC church is big) 

Enjoy

Losing Your Pants In MLM? If Your Upline Isn't Showing You How to Get 30 Leads / Day, I Can!
http://trckapp.com/t053jnzw
+0
3/9/2007 12:26:10 PM
Hey Jason: thanks for sharing your forum.  I know about not having a camera with you when you sometimes.  When my daughter was 4 she caught the biggest carp about 11 lbs. out of the Delaware/Raritan Canal; how disappointing it was to search our gear and no camera.  She still talks about that day, me and the wife caught nothing and she got that monster.  All morning she sat patiently waiting with a few corn kernals on her hook (she felt the worms were her friends back then LOL) at noon time she set her rod down to eat a sandwich and the carp almost took the whole thing but I caught it just as it was going in the water.  It took her a while to real it in but I think that trip hooked her for life.  Last year she didnt want to go out much so my wife signed her up for a fishing club and now my girl cant wait for Spring.  This is the first year she will be required to have a license so we will make a big deal out of it for her.  We have walleye down here too about the same size as in your pics.  We get 'em while fishing for herring in the Spring on gold hooks.  In the summer we get bigger ones but on worms. 
Eat, Sleep, Go Fishing
+0
Jason Lamure

3475 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/9/2007 2:09:55 PM

That's a great family fishing story Scott.

My 13 year old son also got a very large carp, when we used to have the

Plantagenet Walleye Torunament (live release).

Kids got to enter anything and my son got a carp he could almost water ski behind.

Of course he was only 5 then.

Here's him last summer he still fishes, not as much around home, (he's jaded now) but he wouldn't miss a trip to Calabogie for trout!

Calabogie, ON..Speckle

This is one of my favourite places on earth!

Lac Belanger, Calabogie Highlands, Ontario, you can just see the peddle boat and electric trolling motor at the edge of closest shore.

Lac Belanger, Calabogie

Loons need 3 laps in the air to gain enough altitude to get out of the "bowl" this lake sits in.

If there is a pair, one Loon flies clockwise and the counter clockwise, as they pass each other on each lap they just miss each other at the last second, by tipping their wings.

Takes about 2 minutes for the complete cycle, from take off till they are gone.

And Loons are big, of course they like this lake cause its full of trout and minnows.

Thanks for posting Scott!

Jason  

Losing Your Pants In MLM? If Your Upline Isn't Showing You How to Get 30 Leads / Day, I Can!
http://trckapp.com/t053jnzw
+0
Jerilyn Merideth

1618 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/18/2007 12:41:04 AM

Hi Jason,

This is cool!

I can see why it's your favorite place on earth!

Thanks,

Jerilyn

Jerilyn Merideth http://www.critterpower.com "Cutest Critter Photo Contest" now through April 30, 2011. "The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals" ~ Anonymous"
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!