Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: A Joke About Business In America
2/24/2007 5:04:23 PM
Hi Robert,

Sorry for monopolizing your forum but I am sure that I am expected to reply to Neil.

Neil, Firstly - thanks for the SORRY. and i would be fascinated to learn more about the article on "instant anger".  Quite a lot of people suffer from it

Secondly - I totally agree with what your following comment
Sorry Jenny, you are incorrect when you say: "Power is different in the majority of the world outside the United States"

because what I actually wrote was

" the interpretation of the word Power is different in the majority of the world outside the United States "

and I tend to agree with your opinion on  power and the way we are affected by it.

I will leave aside any coments on politics as this is a forum about A joke about business in America (its title) and will conclude by repeating that my opinions are based on my interpretation of empirical evidence (facts) and my own experience of it as are the opinions of others, including yours.

And Robert - if you think the Americans are good at not following logical business advice - try Spain.  It has moved fast out of a dictorship to a modern democracy.  But there some moments when you can find management that has successfully combined the  Do As I Say Because i am the Boss (or his Son) dictorship style with the American "model" you put out in your first post. The Result?  There  are suggestions in some quarters that businesses may need to implement in house psychiatrists! lol

And I promise that I wont post any more off topic replies to Neil on your forum.

Saludos
Jenny

+0
Robert Phillips

1540 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/26/2007 3:25:27 AM

HI Jenny and all

No Need to say sorry

I respect anything you have to say good ,bad or ugly

Robet Phillips

+0
Robert Phillips

1540 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/26/2007 3:29:20 AM

You are right, Neil.

Knowledge is only as good as the person who is using it.  Something like a computer.  Put in the wrong data and what do you get?

Using knowledge correctly or to benefit others can be powerful.  Like anything else it can also be destructive.

Sincerely,

Terry

As Of What Terry said I agree I just didnt have the time to reply earlyier

Robert Phillips

+0
Robert Phillips

1540 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/26/2007 3:31:53 AM

Power and Greed change people

some use it for good and some use it for very bad causes

Robert Phillips

+0
4/17/2007 4:25:01 AM

Jeez man take it easy, I come from european background and born  in South America " The black continent" as some of you like to call us.Yet in comparison we got less "BLACKS" than you do. Today I live in Australia, "here" for 30 years, but any way lets go back to the subject about Americans kindness I wipe that part of my anatomy where the sun that's not shine with the American's kidness.They give with one hand, and take it back with another. That's not kindness at all! Lots of bull dust if you may! 

Now if you can't recognise the weeds in your backyard then you should not be a gardener. And not Americans should not be in Irak. Let this people solve theyr own problems , help when is needed but not take over theyr way of life and destroy the little they have. Alba

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!