Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: LOW SELF ESTEEM ISSUES
2/21/2007 2:32:37 AM
Often we can try and say things and they do not always come out the right way Tamara. There is not a problem with that and I am sure Kathy would not want you to remove yourself from the forum. We have to learn not to judge in haste and understand we do not always think the same about things. We are not Clones or Robots. As I said, Self Esteem is not always easy to deal with. As I have done courses in physiology and know people who have both mental health and physical disabilities. I know for many to gain self esteem is very hard. Society in itself is not always very favorable to people with disabilities and makes it even harder for a person with any sort of disability to gain a feeling of being worthwhile having a high self esteem. I went through a period in my life when I had to stop work because of bad panic attacks and for a while I lost all faith in God. However when I decided to strive to do something with my life and find that inner peace again, then myself esteem was revived again and I started doing things I had wanted to do in my life and went ahead with new projects. We all have to work hard when we have issues to deal with. Hope you understand where I am coming from Tamara.
+0
Tamara Boehm

23 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/21/2007 3:20:15 AM
I understand all to well, Kieth. Thank you for understanding me.
Tamara at tamaraboehm2@aol.com chat with me and you might see someone that doesn't let her disability get in the way. Check this site out too. http://powerblog.peterdobler.com/free_info1/index.php?ref_id=3332
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/21/2007 3:07:47 PM

I promised my self not to reply one more time, however Tamara did email me and did oppoligies. Kieth i understand your point of view verry well, people with real symptoms of low-self asteem arent that easy to fix, but in time and with some kind of mentor or someone who can help along can get rid of these symptoms with time. A Re-Hab if you will. And with me? getting of of a heroine addiction i felt very low asteem but through the help of God and the International Church's of Christ i have not looked back.

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
7/11/2007 4:05:04 PM
To Tamara
God can have as large a part in in each of our lives as we allow him to have.   If we don't acknowledge Him at all, He is still trying to help.   If we seek his wisdom in all of our activities he will answer every question, every time.   Sometimes we love the answer, and other times, not so much.    But He always wants what's best for us even if it is not what we think we need (want).    I am embarrassed when I hear the right answer, and then do the wrong thing (because I want to), and then have to deal with the mistake.    I have also been very relieved to do the right thing, and then find out how seriously bad the action I wanted to do would have been.

Self-esteem based on work, play, other people, or circumstances, will always bounce up and down.    God created you with love and for a purpose in His plan.
I take courage from two sets of verses -

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  Jeremiah 29:11-13

10 Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request.  I Chronicles 4:10

My own word of encouragement for you is this:

You are more precious to God

than any flower

And He made you

Just as beautiful

Regards Brian

+0
7/14/2007 6:17:27 PM

Hello all,

I must admit that I have low self esteem problems quite frequently, especially when every move I make comes up wrong. One thing that really helps is something I learned when I was a child. I find it really hard to do at times when I want to do things MY way. I totally lose my perspective on this.

Let go, let God.

It sounds easy but think about it, everyone thinks that they control things. It's God's will if things succeed or fail. We really dont have as much control as we think! Just remember:

Let go, let God.  Let go, let God.  Let go, let God.

It works! Try it!

Have a great day. Philip Thompson http://sdsgifts.com God bless.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!