Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: BIBLE STUDY NO;2/2007
2/18/2007 10:09:57 AM
Amen to that Dennis, thank you for coming.
have a blessed day

Pauline R
+0
Natalya Restivo

703 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/18/2007 10:23:28 AM

My Dear Friend Pauline,

Thank you for this wonderful forum! What does Jesus mean to me and why? I would say EVERYTHING!

When I started reading Bible some time ago, I wondered: “Why should we put God first? I have a son, who was my dearest creature, I have a family. There is nothing more important for me but them.” When my son was born I was thinking how I was supposed to bring him up. I thought then that kind people seemed to be weak; I did not see their inner strength at this time. I read in Bible that we were supposed to grow love in our hearts toward all people. I wondered again: “How can I love bad people? Why should I love them?” I had many questions. And God answered all of them wonderfully!

Later I learned that my son, my family, people whom I love, were given to me by Him, and I learned to be grateful for that. Lord showed me how bring up my son in love toward Him, and answered my prayers. My son is a very nice young man. I learned how to love ALL people and understand them better, so that my soul would be not corroded with jealousy, hatred, anger.

Jesus forgave my sins and helped to start a new wonderful life full of love, joy and light. I realized that if one loves himself more than others, there is no room for harmony in his soul.

After I started feeling my responsibility before Him for each my action, for each my word, for each my thought, I could find out that He really cares about me. This gives me strength!

He is still teaching me, He is still leading me. I feel like I am in the beginning of my way in faith. If I think that I overcame some of my faults, God shows me the ones I did not see previously. He does this with such love and support! I know that I will overcome these ones with His help. It was my wonderful God who helped me to accomplish my studies. When I felt like a piece of straw in a stormy ocean, I prayed to Him, and He consoled me and assured me that I was going to be OK. I was trying to do all my best, He did the rest. There is nothing impossible with my Jesus!

God bless you!

Natalya
www.newwealthways.net/covina

NEWAYS HEALTHY HOMES: http://www.ineways.com/covina
+0
2/18/2007 10:52:31 AM

Hello Pauline

Jesus is not only our Savior but he is also our friend and role model. His life on earth provides the example that we are to follow.

We are told very little about his childhood up to the age of twelve.  After the Passover when he was 12 we are told that he began to increase in knowledge and wisdom and understanding and stature. Ist Corinthians 13:11 tells us"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things". Jesus was allowed to have a period of childhood. The time came when it was his duty to enter in to adulthood and start going about his Father's business. He started learning and preparing for the ministry that his Father had ordained for him. We are also allowed a period of Spiritual childhood. We sit in the pews and receive from those in authority over us. There comes a time when we are expected to put away childish things and enter into God's work. I find it interesting that Jesus entered into his Father's work after the Passover at the age of 12. He fulfilled the job that his Father had given him  after the Passover feast 21 years later. The number 21 is a multiple of 3x7. God is very precise with numbers in the Bible In numerology, 12 is the number of governmental perfection, 3 is the number of divine perfection, and 7 is the number of Spiritual perfection.

God has a purpose for each of us. We can fullfill that purpose as we go through our daily lives and treat others as Jesus would treat them. Pray for those that need prayer. Teach those who seek to learn. Rejoice with our brothers and sisters. Focus your love on others and help to see that their needs are met.

God Bless You,   Carl Kirkland

+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/18/2007 10:58:32 AM

Natalya, you are one special lady, beautiful inside and out. It is wonderful to read all that you have said. I am so blessed to be you friend.

Continue to grow in the Lord, and touch as many lives as you can...Indeed it is HIS love that he puts in  our heart only for us to give it away generously, for we have received from him generously haven't we?

have a wonderful day,

always in my prayers

your sister in Christ

Pauline R

+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/18/2007 11:02:38 AM

Amen to that Carl, Its wonderful to see you here, thankyou for the insight you share, so true...He is our example of how complete we can be if we have God in our lives.

Thank you again

blessings

Paula

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!