Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
It matters not what a person is born...
2/6/2007 9:52:10 AM

“It matters not what a person is born, but (whom) they choose to be.”

– J. K. Rowling, author

Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
John Rivera

1329 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: It matters not what a person is born...
2/6/2007 12:59:33 PM

HI Bogdan

YOU've seen in the past where a person is born in rags and turns his/her life into something of great proportions. If there's a will, there's a way. YOU become whom you DESIRE says nothing but the truth.

+0
Neil Reinhardt

1314 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/6/2007 1:52:27 PM
Hi Bogdan, A mostly accurate quote by a very good lady. Jeeze, I dislike seeming negative some of the time only my love for accuracy and truthfullness out weights all else. While this guote is true for most people, it is not true for all people. Some people are BORN to be extroverted and others are BORN to be intoverts. Some are born with average IQ.'s otthers with very high IQ's and some with very Low IQ's. Others are born with various other things which have either a negative or a positive effect. So while, as I said, the quote is true for MOST people, it is not true for ALL people. Please, Take Care! Neil P.S. People do NOT have totally "free wills" Anyone who says we do needs to do more research as they are wrong. Just one example which proves it are the identical twins studies of twins who were raised apart and yet choose many of the same things at a much higher ratio than non-identical twins do. Another is parasites which affect the actions of rats and MAY have been doing the same in humans for many years.
This Grumpy Old Son Of A Beach says: For a simple, inexpensive, and great tasting, way to earn money, click here: ----------------------- http://NeilsTeam.jerkydirect.com -------------------- And for a progam which is better than most mlm's I know of
+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/6/2007 2:21:37 PM

Hi Neil,

Everybody has a free will, not everybody is taking advantage of it.
People choose to do things which cause them pleasure (addiction) or things which will take them away from pain (fear).

One and the other will cause that they will want more of one and less of the other. This itself will never end, causing them constantly to be dependent on somebody's decisions or dependent on somebody's else's actions which defies concept of free will entirely.

The only person who uses free will is the person who takes entirely responsibility for their own actions or accepts unconditionally everything which happens to them. In short they create world in which they are or the world in which they are has been created for them by they chose to own it.

Both are kind of utopias and are only available to those who are capable of recognizing that it is better to be happy than right, that one should do what is making them happy not what brings them money and power.

In short only happy people are those who make use of free will and the more often happy they are the more often they utilize their free will.

To sum it up, we have free will but not everybody is capable of making use of it all the time.

Your statement that we Don't have totally "free will" is only true if you mean that we fail to totally take advantage of it.

Bogdan Fiedur

Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Donald Rich

1529 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/6/2007 2:54:39 PM

HI BOGDAN, GOOD QUOTE . --DON

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!