Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Jean Marie

199 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
A great story about kindness!!
1/20/2007 8:09:02 PM
    What goes  around comes around!

He  almost didn't see the old lady, stranded on the side of the road,  but even in the dim light of day, he could see she needed help.   So he pulled up in front of her Mercedes and got out.   His Pontiac was still sputtering when he approached her.  

Even  with the smile on his face, she was worried.  No one had  stopped to help for the last hour or so. Was he going to hurt  her?  He didn't look safe; he looked poor and hungry.  

He could see that she was frightened, standing out there in  the cold.  He knew how she felt.  It was that chill which  only fear can put in you.

He said, "I'm here to help you,  ma'am.  Why don't you wait in the car where it's warm?  By  the way, my name is Bryan Anderson."

Well, all she had was a  flat tire, but for an old lady, that was bad enough.  Bryan  crawled under the car looking for a place to put the jack, skinning  his knuckles a time or two.  Soon he was able to change the  tire.  But he had to get dirty and his hands hurt.

As  he was tightening up the lug nuts, she rolled down the window and  began to talk to him.  She told him that she was from St.  Louis and was only just passing through.  She  couldn't thank him enough for coming to her aid.

Bryan just  smiled as he closed her trunk  The lady asked how much she owed  him.  Any amount would have been all right with her.  She  already imagined all the aw ful things that could have happened had  he not stopped.   Bryan never thought twice about being paid.   This was not a job to him.  This was helping someone in  need, and God knows there were plenty, who had given him a hand in  the past.  He had lived his whole life that way, and it never  occurred to him to act any other way.

He told her that if  she really wanted to pay him back, the next time she saw someone who  needed help, she could give that person the assistance they needed,  and Bryan added, "And think of me."

He waited until she  started her car and drove off.  It had been a cold and  depressing day, but he felt good as he headed for home, disappearing  into the twilight.

A few miles down the road the lady saw a  small cafe.  She went in to grab a bite to eat, and take the  chill off before she made the last leg of her trip home.  It  was a dingy looking restaurant.  Outside were two old gas  pumps.  The whole scene was unfamiliar to her.  The  waitress came over and brought a clean towel to wipe her wet hair.   She had a sweet smile, one that even being on her feet for the  whole day couldn't erase.  The lady noticed the waitress was  nearly eight months pregnant, but she never let the strain and aches  change her attitude.  The old lady wondered how someone who had  so little could be so giving to a stranger.  Then she  remembered Bryan .

After the lady finished her meal, she  paid with a hundred dollar bill.  The waitress quickly went to  get change for her hundred dollar bill, but the old lady had slipped  right out the door.  She was gone by the time the waitress came  back.  The waitress wondered where the lady could be.   Then she noticed something written on the napkin.  

There were tears in her eyes when she read what the lady  wrote: "You don't owe me anything.  I have
Been there too.   Somebody once helped me out, the way I'm helping you.  If  you really want to pay me back, here is what you do: Do not let this  chain of love end with you."

Under the napkin were four more  $100 bills.

Well, there were tables to clear, sugar bowls to  fill, and people to serve, but the waitress made it through another  day.  That night when she got home from work and climbed into  bed, she was thinking about the
Money and what the lady had  written.  How could the lady have known how much she and her  husband needed it?  With the baby due next month, it was going  to be hard....

She knew how worried her husband was, and as  he lay sleeping next to her, she gave him a soft kiss and whispered  soft and low, "Everything's going to be all right.  I love you,  Bryan Anderson."

There  is an old saying "What goes around comes around."  Let this  light shine.

Good friends are like stars....You don't always see  them, but you know they are always there.

JeanMarie http://www.3daydancers.com "May you live today from what you learned yesterday to achieve a better tomorrow"
+0
Neil Reinhardt

1314 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: A great story about kindness!!
1/21/2007 12:53:59 AM
WOW, that is a great story and I really do hope it is true one. ---- That said, I do know of a TRUE story about, "What goes around, comes around" There was this guy who was really dumb about finances & money. He was one of the "Eat Drink and Be Merry for tomorrow you may die" types of people who drank more than a lot, partied, chased many women (caught quite a few) and who did fairly dangerous things. He figured he would be dead by around age 50 and so he was pretty surprised when he reached 60 +, was still alive and broke. Anywho, some of his close friends helped him a little and one close friend a lot. There was one person, who, while he considered Steve to be a friend, did not really think of Steve as being a close friend and yet, Steve really helped him a lot. So, he asked Steve something like: "While I really do appreciate all of your help, I really do not understand why you are doing it." Steve's reply was something to the effect of: "I have known you for around 40 years and I worked with you as well. I saw that anytime someone needed help and you could help them, you did what you could. Now, you need help and I since I am in a position to help you, I do." Now I know this is a true story because the dumb, partying fool is me. (My last intentional alcoholic drink was on Aug. 20th, 1983.)
This Grumpy Old Son Of A Beach says: For a simple, inexpensive, and great tasting, way to earn money, click here: ----------------------- http://NeilsTeam.jerkydirect.com -------------------- And for a progam which is better than most mlm's I know of
+0
Jean Marie

199 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/21/2007 4:06:19 AM

Thanks for sharing that story!  What a wonderful thing to have happen in your life! 

Gives a little light into the true meaning of friendship, doesn't it?

Thanks for sharing that beautiful story with me.  What a great way to start my day!

Take care,

JeanMarie

JeanMarie http://www.3daydancers.com "May you live today from what you learned yesterday to achieve a better tomorrow"
+0
2/27/2007 9:03:46 AM

That story touched me very deeply. How wish the world was more like that. Reading that will sure change the way I live my life. Thanks for sharing it.

http://cantalopetown.fsc2.com

+0