Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
What Will Your Epitaph Say About You?
1/19/2007 4:53:17 PM
What Will Your Epitaph Say About You?

I recieved an email from Mike Filsaime with the subjuct line stating something about the death of an Internet marketer and made me think right away about my Epitaph and what it might say.

Then I thought what if others that know me write my Epitaph what would it say? How would fellow marketers see me and what would they write?

So I looked at myself for a moment, did a self analysis and am willing to say:

* I have never tried to say I am someone's Saint or any subject that claims of a heavenly figure,

* I have never tried to push people into a sale or do anything just for money,

* I have given freely of my labor, resources, and time for the better of many,

* I have reached out to those less fortunate than myself and not asked for glory,

* I have tried to make something in this world a little better than the way I found it,

* I have never debated/argued just to be right but for the purpose of the subject with facts,

* I have tried to set good examples for others to see and for the youth to follow,

* I have made mistakes in the past and I have admitted to it, accepting responsibility,

* And, I continue to ask myself every day have I done all I can do to be my best.

There are times I look out to the rest of whom I know and I wonder if they ever sit and think of this, too.

I have recently noticed a surge of religion-business mixed on the internet. Christian based businesses that will not let you fail, save your house, send you a marketing angel to teach you success 100%, you name it I am seeing it.

Just like religion and state was separated, business and religion should be separate as well, IMHO.

Too many scammers and cons have used religion to hide behind for profit. They are not that hard to identify. And they surely don't have a conscience to who they affect. Another term for them is 'the wolf in sheeps clothing'.

There really is a summary to etiquette and the Ten Commandments - Treat others the way you wish to be treated.

Think of every step you do in life and see how it looks if it's done to you. Are you ok with the results. No? Then don't do it.

An example is: You go shopping while it is raining. You empty the cart into your car and leave the shopping cart next to the car parked beside you and leave. The other person now has to move the cart (that you left behind) to get in their car. Is that fair? Do you mind that being done to you?

So, I once again look and ask 'What Will My Epitaph Say About Me?'

So What Will Your Epitaph Say About You?

Kenneth R Sword Jr

+0
Re: What Will Your Epitaph Say About You?
1/19/2007 5:55:18 PM
Hi Kenneth, I also received that email from Mike. Could you please elaborate on this "blast" on Christian businesses? Are you putting them all together,or is this a personal axe you have to grind with someone?
Warm regards, Jr Reedy http://www.Seekye1st.org/
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/19/2007 6:07:57 PM

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for this thought-provoking post.

My small plaque is already up on my Crypt and it will have to be brief:

“Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right.” Henry Ford.

He Always Thought He Could & Never Quit Trying.

Have A Great Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donald Rich

1529 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/19/2007 6:17:09 PM
I GOT THAT LETTER FROM MIKE.AND DAM,JASON,GEORGES, CHRIS AND OTHERS.
+0
1/19/2007 6:35:17 PM
Hello Mr. Shirley Reedy,

No axe to grind at someone. I recieve between 400 to 1000 ads a day between several email accounts and I have seen a big increase of Christian based businesses popping up. I am not trying to get into 'preaching' but religion is not to be a business, even though that is what it has become.

I don't discredit a person's faith, but to use religion as a drawing card for profit, then I have a problem.

This is the type that boast of their faith while in front of others for profit. "Look, I'm a good Christian. I give all this help in the name of ...." . It is a marketing ploy that has been used by false ministers and those that claim they are Angels sent to help people.

This is not 100% of the cases but there are many out there. Do they volunteer to help in community projects, do they visit the elderly and sick, are they involved with really helping others or are they helping others with just the Christian based business.

Would many of these give a begger a sandwich if hungry? Maybe. Maybe not. I know many that are religious and have businesses but do not use religion as their 'front' to draw business.

Just understand when I offer movies for iPods or Christian based business movies for iPods the perception changes even though the same identical offer is made - iPod movie.

Thanks for coming by and writing.

Kenneth
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!