Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Playing In The Sandbox
1/10/2007 10:42:46 AM
I have often wondered just how important the Google PR is and even more so what specifically it's used for? I've read through what Google says it is and how it's obtained etc., yet it still makes no sense to me or rather should I say, it seems to defy it's very own logic. To date, I've yet to receive a PR from Google, yet I place quite high in the searchs for my targeted words for most pages(pages 1-2 of results page). Anyone else experiencing this?
+0
Re: Playing In The Sandbox
1/13/2007 8:22:17 AM
Hi Winston,

Maybe it has to do with competition for your keywords. It also could just be google hasn't gotten to you yet. My site has for the most part always had a PR of 2 or 3. This is the gourd site. For a long time I was really high on the results pages with that page rank. Then I don't know what happened at Google, but my son said they were going through changes, and I was about lost at Google. I was still ranking well on the other search engines.

I started doing some of the things Linda suggested and my Google ranking went back up. Don't know if it was a coincidence or not but it was sure nice to get back to those first 2 pages.

Now my nursery site is a PR of 4, as of today, but I'm sure it is way down the pages for the keywords I have because of the competition. I think my gourd site is much better than the nursery site and I've put much more time into the gourd one also. Why is my page rank higher for the nursery?

More questions than answers.

Martha
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!