Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: DEPRESSION
12/10/2006 8:40:21 PM

Ian,

Thank you for saying these words from the heart.  My opinion only, I hate this war.  It does not seem to have a meaning and so many innocent people being killed daily is breaking my heart.   I am very confused and do not really know why we are fighting and what it is all about.  These people seem to know what they want and Why are we there?  I will probably get some flack from that but we all have our beliefs and not dictate to others what they should believe.

I am sorry for your depression and all you have suffered.  I wish you well in all ways.  Forget those pompous politicians, someday they will have a higher authority to meet with and I pity them.  It is not in your head, it is in your heart and what you have witnessed.  You have a lot of support here at Adland and we will love your poems and be your friend.

Sara

+0
Gail Casseus

97 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/10/2006 8:46:59 PM

Hi Ian,

Your poem touched me deeply, when I was a homecare nurse I treated Veterans who were suffering with all that you mentioned, I could only imagine what you are goig through, but rest assured you have a new friend at adlander please accept my invitation.

Gail

+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/10/2006 8:50:23 PM
Hi Ian,
This is a beautiful expression of your heartfelt and deepest feelings. I admire you for having the courage to get them out and not let them eat at you.
If you have been following along for any time in a lot of the forum, there are a lot of people who are severly depressed for various reasons.
You will get through it, you are on the right path just by the act of reaching out.
I love Jill's response to you (I'm also a Marine mom). We adlandpro moms all send you a great big hug to add to those of your real mom.
As you grow older, you will be surprised how well your own suffering has prepared you to be a life line to someone else down the road.
+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/10/2006 8:56:44 PM
Thanks Ladies, You know as Military moms we should all get together and do a forum just for all our amazing veterans.Thanks Ian for serving and protecting our country. You will always be in our prayers.Now you have many new women in your life so you never need to feel alone again.Kathy/simikathy.com
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0
12/10/2006 9:13:17 PM

Hello Ian and Friends

Ian, yours is a topic that I discuss very often with a lot of different people. I too am a veteran though not actually a combat veteran. I was fortunate in the Air Force. It was my job to save lives rather than take lives. I was a rescue man on a crash crew for most of my time in. Depression has been a big part of my life for many years. Even before going into the service I suffered with depression but I never knew what was wrong untill I was about 36 years old. Now I am 53 and still learnig about it. One thing that I have learned is that it can get better and it will get better if you continually do all that you can to fight it. For me, one of the most important parts of my recovery involve talking with others who understand what it is all about. That is why I have been doing my mental health advocacy work for so long. I hear what you are saying and I feel for you and for all of the others who are in this same quagmire of emotional turmoil. Every day I remind myself that there is hope and that things will get better. Every day I try to remind others of the same things. This is part of what makes me well and keeps me that way. I have found that writing about feelings and experiences is very therapudic. The following is something that I just posted in my mental health forum here at Adlandpro. I wrote it in hopes of helping some understand the meaning of and the reasons for war. At least the meaning as I percieve it. Thank You Ian, for sharing your life with us. You have helped someone , somewhere, realize that they are not alone.

Posted: Dec 09, 2006 12:08 PM
Hello Everybody
   I am going to make a statement here that will surprise many of you. Are you ready?  I have finally come to agree with President Bush with regard to his Ideas about how to promote peace and Democracy throughout the world. You simply get rid of those who are opposed to this idealology. Mr. Bush saw Sadaam Hussein as a deterrant to peace so he removed him from power and in fact, from the face of this earth once he is finally punished for his crimes against humanity. Mr. Bush has plans of removing many more evil doers from power, most likely by means of using bombs and bullets. While I cannot support the use of bombs and bullets as a means of promoting peace and saving the world from evil, I do like the idea of removing the evil doers from power. Ahhhh yes. You knew there would be a catch didn't you?
    Think about this. There are billions of people in this world. How many of them do you think want to kill their neighbors and risk the lives of themselves and all of their loved ones in order to do this? How many of them would rather spend their national wealth on building bombs rather than on feeding their hungry. How many of us actually hate someone so much that we would be willing to kill them. Wouldn't you rather trade some of what you have for something that you need rather than kill the one who has what you want and just take what you will. There are very few of us who would choose any of these methods for survival that involve killing and taking. The few who do believe in this method are the few whose names we keep hearing in the news every day. Our political leaders from around the world are the only ones on earth who choose to kill and if you notice, they do not kill each other very often. They get us to kill for them and they try to make us believe that if we do not kill, we shall be killed. So, are you beginning to see why I am now in agreement with the Bush Policy of removing those from power who stand in the way of peace and freedom. He was right all along. The only fault with his vision to remove the evil doers from power is that in order for this plan to work, you cannot be selective of which evil doers stay and which ones go. As long as there is one in power who believes that their survival depends on killing others, there will always be killing. The old cliche that it takes two to tango is not true. It only takes one and for as long as one exists, in power, there will always be war. There will always be the haves and the have nots. There will always be one taking from another rather than sharing with each other that which we all need to survive. Mankind cannot survive by living under the false perception that the last man standing will survive. If it actually ever came down to there only being two left standing, there is a very good chance that neither will have the ability to kill the other,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,without killing himself as well. Even if it were possible for one to kill the other, it wouldn't be long untill that final one would realize that he has just killed someone that had something that neither of them could survive without

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY

May a smile follow you to sleep each night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
           and be there waiting,,, when you awaken.

Sincerly, Bill Vanderbilt

Mental Health And Political Forums Respectively

Visit the Billallys Pub network at:
 http://pub-network.ryze.com
The following link is to a program that has been highly recommended to me by people that i know and trust. I have been unable to find anything negative about this company.
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!