Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Robert Talmadge

2047 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Angels - The Definition
12/5/2006 4:00:12 PM

Angels, The Definition:

Is it possible there are beings beyond our senses
Urging us to go beyond our daily strife
And live for the aspiration and wonder
Of what we could be in our life.

Some say when it rains it is the tears of Angels.
Volumes have been written about them.
Apparitions have apeared to many that believe.
Wonderous paintings by the masters give tribute.

There are whole religions based on the belief in Angels.

Some believe that Angels are ascended masters of life.

So what are they?

The Wickpedia Definition:

The English word came from Latin angelus, which came from Greek ἄγγελος, ángelos, meaning "messenger". The closest Hebrew word for angel is מלאך, mal'ach Hebrew word #4397 in Strong's, also meaning "messenger". "Angel" is also used in the English version of the Bible for these three Hebrew words:...

Angelology

Enlarge

Angelology is a branch of theology that deals with a hierarchical system of angels, messengers, celestial powers or emanations, and the study of these systems. It primarily relates to kaballistic Judaism and Christianity,[1] where it is one of the ten major branches of theology, albeit a neglected one.[2]

Many secular scholars believe that Judeo-Christianity owes a great debt to Zoroastrianism in regards to the introduction of angelology and demonology, as well as the fallen angel Satan as the ultimate agent of evil, comparing him to the evil spirit Ahriman. As the Iranian Avestan and Vedic traditions and also other branches of Indo-European mythologies show, the notion of demon had existed long before.

It is believed that Zoroastrianism had an influence on Jewish angelology,[3] and therefore modern Christian angelology, due to the appearance of elements from Zoroastrianism in Judaism following Israel's extended contact with the Persian Empire while in exile in Babylon,[4] which have led some to believe that Zoroastrianism borrowed these beliefs from Judaism. Borrowed notions may include, the introduction of Satan as a supreme head over the powers of evil (present mainly in Christian and Islamic theology), in contrast to God:[5] comparing Satan to Angra Mainyu (also known as Ahriman) of Zoroastrian faith,[6] who was the arch-enemy of Ahura Mazda, the supreme Universal God of mankind.[7]Angels, some also believe, may have first been depicted as God's helpers in Zoroastrianism, and their hierarchy is comparable to modern Angelology's hierarchy.[8]

This view is questioned though by those who point out that the Torah, the Book of Job, and other Jewish books depicting angels as messengers of God predate the time of Persian influence.

In contrast to the first view, some critics believe that it was Judaism and Christianity that had an influence on Zoroastrianism. They purport that similarities, such as those between Zoroaster and Jesus, and the incorporation of other motifs, were created by priests in an attempt to exalt Zoroaster, and deter those of Zoroastrian faith from converting to other faiths.[9]

That is, however, problematic as some historians date Zoroastrianism back more than ten thousand years before the birth of Christ, but with little physical evidence. The main source of Zoroastrian lore comes from the Shāhnāma of Firdowsi, which the author claims to be truthful to the ancient legends, but which was written after the Islamic conquest of Persia.

More information can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel

Where Are There Angels?

How can I know the unseen?
My mind drifting in meditation
I came upon a state of being
Where I saw winged creatures at thier station.

Oh mighty wonders  of mind !
Is it true what I think I see?
If it were not it would be unkind
I shudder to think what this would mean.

No Angels no wonder or help from above
It would be a fearful world indeed
In all the world no spreading of love
Then in death I would concede.

Where at least one soul can love
As long as there is hope in the world
Where inspiration still comes to us
There will be Angel wings unfurled..

By Robert

To be continued.....
Robert Talmadge To follow your dream, follow your heart. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/17474/ShowForum.aspx
+0
Jill Bachman

8860 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Angels - The Definition
12/5/2006 11:15:43 PM
Hi Robert,

This is beautiful and I so appreciate your talents as always.

I believe that Angels are around us always and that they are God's helpers.  I guess I am very simplistic in my beliefs, but I have a KNOWING that they are there  :-)

Thank you for this wonderful forum.

Bless you,  Jill
+0
12/6/2006 3:21:53 AM
Hi Robert :) thank you beautiful as always, I think wonderful Jill has said mostly what I would say too! Yes I believe in Angels!
Have a wonderful day :)
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/6/2006 5:42:34 AM
Hello Robert,

I am very glad you share with us this poem and the Angelology information.
What makes me more glad is that you started to combine your poems to Sciece of our World which means that you are giving us infromation to know and learn more in this subject.

Sorry for my short time I surfed to some of the links. This week is a very hard week for me and my time is limited.

Best Regards
Georgios

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Robert Talmadge

2047 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/6/2006 6:25:26 AM
Thank you for visiting Jill. May the joy of Christmas fill your heart.

Robert
Robert Talmadge To follow your dream, follow your heart. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/17474/ShowForum.aspx
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!