Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
why I am sooooooooooo very glad microsoft don't make cars!
11/30/2006 11:31:09 PM
I just purchased a new computer and I can so relate to this .. it might be funny but I am truly thankful Bill Gates and his nerds don't build cars. This new computer has more issues than a middle aged woman in during menopause lol
No offense intended to the ladies but hey lol

Microsoft cars

For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way computers have enhanced our lives, read on.

At COMDEX recently, Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with the technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating: If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive, but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.

7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

9. Every time a new car was introduced, car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again, because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10. Oh yeah, and last but not least . . . you'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off!
Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Re: why I am sooooooooooo very glad microsoft don't make cars!
12/1/2006 2:20:12 AM

Hello Ms Geketa:

This was a fun read. Thank you !!

Not many know that there is an automobile being tested that has the following:

* On board computer with an 8x 10 screen mounted IN the dashboard that can be RAISED onto the dash board at the click of a mouse. Here's the scarey part, the mouse is on the steering wheel, to the left and right of the wheel. The information states, " please park your vehicle before using your mouse.

The last time I parked to use my mouse I got slapped.

Tony/ Intern on duty

TGAMM FM RADIO

+0
Angela Cardwell

819 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/1/2006 6:53:26 AM

Hi Geketa,

Good one! LOL! I love it!

Passing it on.
Angela

Earn Money Shopping OnlineIt's free, simple and secure.
+0
Robert Talmadge

2047 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/1/2006 7:11:33 AM
Hi Geketa,

Thank's for the laugh. It seems everytime I try to get something
done, the people in the businesses are having problems with thier
computers. It's only funny because it's true.

The last time I went to see my family doctor, they had to shut down
thier server and restart all thier machines before my doctor could
write a prescription.

Robert
Robert Talmadge To follow your dream, follow your heart. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/17474/ShowForum.aspx
+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/1/2006 10:03:55 AM

Hi Tony,

Good to meet you .. I am glad you liked it.. Have you seen the new Lexus I believe it is .. it parks itself now that is really scary a self parking car..

Blessings,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!