Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Angie Potts

173 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
another natural remedy
11/7/2006 5:28:57 PM
Another Natural Remedy for Alzheimer's? Chinese club moss is the focus of a national clinical trial attempting to determine if the plant could help treat Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. This study is one of a growing number looking at natural and alternative therapies. The National Institutes of Health will spend over $300 million in alternative medicine research during 2007. The moss, which is already available for sale as a nutritional supplement, is widely used in China as a treatment for cognitive disorders. Patients in the study will receive either a placebo or a dose of Huperzine A, an alkaloid extracted from the plant. After the placebo-controlled phase, all patients will take doses of Huperzine A for eight weeks. Patients' cognitive functions will be monitored throughout the trial. MSNBC October 20, 2006 All Headline News October 21, 2006 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dr. Mercola's Comment: It's not pretty when you lose your mind, and it certainly isn't fun when your memory starts going. Alzheimer's can be an absolutely devastating disease, and its incidence is rapidly increasing. Experts estimate Alzheimer's will affect nearly 8 million people in this country alone by 2030. It is absolutely not "normal" to become forgetful or less mentally sharp as you age. While this is common, it is related far more to the foolish health choices most people make than it is to the natural aging process. Fortunately, there are simple strategies you can implement that will make a profound impact in your life. One of them would be to use a high-quality omega-3 fat source like fish or krill oil. In conjunction with that you will want to limit your intake of regular omega-6 vegetable oil as the ratio between omega-6 and omega-3 fats is vital to healthy brain tissue, since 60 percent of it is fat. Here are some other ways to protect your body from the ravages of Alzheimer's naturally, without taking a potentially dangerous drug: Reduce your intake of most fish and remove as many sources of mercury from your life as possible. Do your best to steer clear of flu shots. Eat plenty of vegetables. Eat a nutritious diet based on your body's unique metabolic type. Keep your mind active. Since worry accelerates your risk of Alzheimer's, learn an effective energy psychology tool like Emotional Freedom Technique. Start an exercise program. Avoid toxins like aluminum and mercury. Related Articles: The Secret Behind How Exercise Fights Alzheimer's How to Avoid the Coming Alzheimer's Epidemic Mental Stimulation Keeps Alzheimer's Away posted by me Angie P www.dahodreams.fourpointwellness.com www.dahodreams.fourpointmoms.com www.dahodreams.fourpointconsultants.com www.pureworksdistributors.com/angelapotts
Angie P www.dahodreams.fourpointmoms.com www.dahodreams.fourpointwellness.com www.dahodreams.fourpointconsultants.com www.pureworksdistributors.com/angelapotts
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: another natural remedy
11/7/2006 10:57:11 PM
Angie, your right, is not a pretty sight when you lose your mind. I have felt so close a while back but I now have a good woman who keeps me together. After two back operation and they tell you after six months you have to have an other, it is like going over the bridge. Now I can find solice in writting my poems and having friends like you enjoy them - Peace and Love!
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Angie Potts

173 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/8/2006 12:38:40 PM
I hear you Nick. There are many things in this life that can make you feel like you might lose your mind. I've been there myself a while back when my little girl was in the hospital. It is a very good thing to have people around that can balance you. Have a great day. Angie P
Angie P www.dahodreams.fourpointmoms.com www.dahodreams.fourpointwellness.com www.dahodreams.fourpointconsultants.com www.pureworksdistributors.com/angelapotts
+0
Kathy Kanouse

3270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/9/2006 1:21:55 PM
Thank you for the great article Angie. That was very interesting. As you can tell I'm behind on my posts. Sprry about that I will catch up real soon.
Kathy C
+0
Kathy Mccarthy

35 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/9/2006 6:45:36 PM
My dad had alzheimer's for ten years, he recently passed away early this year. my dad was on high doses of b12, opc3,vitE and Aloe Juice, along with alzheimers meds, my dad remained home,and very active, he was in an adult day care five times a week and continuned to live at his home. he lived a great life,although he had this terrible disease.(they say its the longest goodbuy). i guess we grieved him while he was alive. with all the resehearch i hope they can come up with a cure, I feel that the combanation of what my dad was taking for alzheimers, really extended his life. ps at first i was upset he was on meds, but later relized that with out them, we were losing him quicker, it accutally slowed the progression of the disease.-K
www.jkmccarthy.unfranchise.com take a free nutri physical online today! www.worldhealth.org www.Bubonik.com/plague/oliver1(prelaunch, profit,now! never seen before!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!