Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Email From Paypal?
6/13/2005 7:35:47 PM
I wanted to give everyone the Heads up on this one. I recieved an email today that looked Really good, Supposidly from paypal. I knew right away it was a fraud, Because they sent it too an email address, I don't use for my paypal account. Below you will find the email that was sent to me and the response back from Paypal. I took out the http:// in the link, I didn't want anyone to click on it by mistake. Have a Great Day all, and Be careful out there! ------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Security Center Military Grade Encryption is Only the Start At PayPal, we want to increase your security and comfort level with every transaction. From our Buyer and Seller Protection Policies to our Verification and Reputation systems, we'll help to keep you safe. We have recently noticed one or more attempts to log into your PayPal account from a foreign IP address and we have reasons to believe that your account may had been hacked without your authorization. If you recently accessed your account while traveling, the unusual login in attempts may have been initiated by you. However, if you are the rightful holder of the account, click on the link below to log into your account within the above-mentioned period. (Here is that link! DO NOT Copy Paste this.) www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to temporally suspend your account. We ask you to allow at least 72 hours for the case to be investigated and we strongly recommend to verify your account now. If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation of PayPal policy to represent oneself as another PayPal user. Such action may also be in violation of local, national, and/or international law. PayPal is committed to assist law enforcement with any inquires related to attempts to misappropriate personal information with the intent to commit fraud or theft. Information will be provided at the request of law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Thanks for your patience and understanding as we work together to protect your account. Sincerely, PayPal Account Review Department PayPal, an eBay Company ---------------------------------- Thank you for contacting PayPal. We appreciate you bringing this suspicious email to our attention. We can confirm that the email you received was not sent to you by PayPal. The website linked to this email is not a registered URL authorized or used by PayPal. We are currently investigating this incident fully. Please do not enter any personal or financial information into this website. If you have surrendered any personal or financial information to this fraudulent website, you should immediately log into your PayPal Account and change your password and secret question and answer information. Any compromised financial information should be reported to the appropriate parties. If you notice any unauthorized activity associated with your PayPal transaction history, please immediately report this to PayPal by following the instructions below: 1. Log in to your account at https://www.paypal.com/ by entering your email address and password into the Member Log In box 2. Click on Security Center at the bottom of the page 3. Click on the 'Unauthorized Transaction' link under the Report a Problem column 4. Please follow the instructions in order to access the appropriate form If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again. Sincerely, PayPal Account Review Department
+0
Lisa Reddell

254 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Email From Paypal?
6/13/2005 8:00:18 PM
Hello Eileen, Thanks for posting this. I receive these emails every day. Another one I get on a regular basis is from eBay, saying that there is a problem with my account. Well... up to about 2 months ago, I didn't even have an eBay account. I wish I still had one of those emails, but I've deleted all of them - knowing that they were fraudulent. When I get another one, I will post it. Thanks again Eileen, Lisa :`)
Lisa Reddell :`)
Do you love candles?
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/13/2005 8:09:24 PM
Thanks for your reply Lisa. I haven't seen the ebay one yet, I will now, be on the lookout. It seems as if these go around in spurts, They do it then quite for a while then do it some more. That is why I posted, It could be a new link. Thanks again for the heads up on the ebay thing Lisa:)
+0
Doris Shewchuk

127 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/13/2005 10:16:43 PM
Thanks Eileen and Lisa, For the heads up on this. I can't say that I,ve every gotten an email like that from either one. But I will keep an eye out for it. It's good to have friends who watch out for each other. Gratefully, Doris
Our spiritual essence is what carries us through in life and in death. Love is the answer that we all seek and love is the only cure for a planet gone mad. ~~Doris Shewchuk
+0
Les
Les Johnson

67 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/13/2005 11:02:49 PM
Hey Eileen! Yes, I used to get those pretty often when I first started, but before I did anything, common sense told me that I should call to confirm, and I was right, those are definitely the scammers after the newbies who do not know. Besides, anything that has anything to do with paypal, I do not use. I do not trust those thieves. especially, after they settled out of court and tried to give back the money that they ripped people off of. The criminals got jailed, but not the masterminds behind it. Think, how could the ceo's and the other top notch people in Paypal, let that happen to them, and they still work there and own it, hmmmm!Of course, though, that is just my opinion about paypal. Thanks for the heads up Eileen! God Bless! Get your Kids sports career off the ground! http://allsportrating.com/lcj1 LES!!
Thanks! God Bless!! Les Johnson Certified Independent Representitive! Motor Latte Commercial & Fleet Services 281-999-1156 Hm Bus. # 281-999-0043 Fax # Lattesaver@gmail.com http://www.motorlattefleet.com http://www.motorlatte.com/saver http://w
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!