Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Angie Potts

173 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Grape Seed Extract and Cancer Part 1
11/2/2006 10:25:23 AM
Grape Seed Extract Stops the Growth of Cancer Chemicals found in grape seeds inhibited the growth of colorectal tumors in both cell cultures and in mice. Grape seed extract has already been demonstrated to have anti-cancer effects on other tumor types, as well. The skin and seeds of grapes are rich in proanthocyanidins, antioxidant flavonoids that remove harmful free radicals from cells. After first exposing grape seed extract to two different kinds of human carcinoma cells, researchers discovered a dose- and time-dependent inhibition of cell growth. Live cancer cells that were exposed for the longest time -- about two days -- decreased by 92 percent when given the highest dose. Cip1/p21 Experiments on mice then showed 44 percent reduction of advanced colorectal tumors, and also demonstrated for the first time the molecular mechanism by which grape seed extract inhibits cancer growth. It increases a critical protein, Cip1/p21, that effectively freezes the tumor cell cycle, and can push a cancer cell to self destruct. Increased 150 Times The amount of Cip1/p21 protein within the cells increased 150 times after 12 hours of treatment. The longer the extract was used, the more cancer cells were frozen before they had a chance to divide. The research team now intends to determine the lowest effective dose, and the highest non-toxic doses, for grape seed extract used on mice. EurekAlert October 18, 2006 Lew Rockwell.com posted by me Angie P www.dahodreams.fourpointwellness.com www.dahodreams.fourpointconsultants.com www.mypureworks.com/ackergroup www.yorgoo.com/cgi-bin/p6.cgi/21914/
Angie P www.dahodreams.fourpointmoms.com www.dahodreams.fourpointwellness.com www.dahodreams.fourpointconsultants.com www.pureworksdistributors.com/angelapotts
+0
Kathy Kanouse

3270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Grape Seed Extract and Cancer Part 1
11/2/2006 1:10:44 PM
Thanks for sharing Angie.
Kathy C
+0
Muriel Holladay

190 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/2/2006 1:53:59 PM

Hi, great info!!

I have heard of grape seed having potent properties so was glad to read of this.
Very interesting!!!

Muriel

+0
Carol West

123 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/2/2006 2:08:06 PM

Hi, I was very interested to read your post, I have heard and read so much about the power of grape seed . I know of one product which has also included extracts of the grape skin AND grape vine. Researchers using the ORAC score have reported that is the world' most powerful antioxidant. The product is called VIVA manufactured by Sportron - www.sportron.com  - I'm not promoting this product, it's just for those who may be interested.

Carol

Carol West Free Traffic...Free Leads http://offto.net/yorgoo
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/2/2006 9:21:02 PM

Angie, this is a very good read and brings to mind some article I read a while ago about that God created a cure through nature for every disease that mankind will endure. I am looking forward to Part 2 - thank you!

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!