Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
E.
E. Rayne

24 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
OPEN FORUM Thread: The Beauty And Heart Stirring Of My Little Rural Area...
11/1/2006 11:35:08 AM

Hi Dear Friends
My name is Ellany:

I live in the rurals of NY. Yes! Some people I talk with didn't know there was such a thing as rural NY. Rolling hills and lots of wild animals around us. Bears, fox, cyotes, turkeys, deer various birds and other beautiful naturesque things. In our house hold, we have 2 cats who love to roam and hunt. They keep the mice population down. I also have a Maltese who's four now.

I love the area, Vestal, NY for it's smaller township. I'm not big on the City life and husstle busstle. I have an extremly busy mind and need the calmness of the quiet surroundings. I'm making improvements in my health status since I've come in contact with different Super Health Products and learning a healthier way of thinking. That's a big one!

I look out my window facing the South, where my desk and computer are. I get to view the fields and tree's and what ever happens to cross my visual at any given time. Things can get real interesting at times. Sun shines in on the porch which has windows all along the West/East lingth of the South wall. I get a straight shot out across the hill and field. NICE!

These are some of the things I like about my area here in Vestal, NY. Come join us, take a break and share with us. Tell us about your area and the beauties. Leave a comment or appreciation that flows from your heart.
Anything to help us to know you better.

Greatness Is LOVE In Opperation!

~} Ellany

+0
Re: About my area and what I like about it..
11/30/2006 9:41:33 AM

Greetings All:

My name is Vitae. I live with my wife, Margot, in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, about 100 miles southwest of Washington, DC and 20 miles north of the now mid-size city, Harrisonburg, VA - pop about 40,000, the home of James Madison University and Eastern Menonite University. So, there is plenty of culture within a short distance, but far enough away for us to stay sane and quiet whenever we wish, which is most of the time. 

Live on 5 acres on the Shenandoah River, North Fork - yes, there are two Shenandoah Rivers. They converge at a famous place, Harper's Ferry, and from there flow into the Potomac and thence to Washington, DC.

My wife and I have lived in our ancient home these past 29 years. We came here from busy California. The house is made of brick that was produced on the property. Clay deposits line the river. The building was started right after the end of the Civil War and was completed in 1867. Two-foot thick brick walls - exterior and interior - from basement to attic, so actually four stories of fortress. When the wind blows you hardly hear it. There are two ways in and out of every room, every floor, with seven doors leading to the outside. in other words, one can never get trapped in this house. Must have something to do with the war experiences of the people who built and lived here for over 100 years. We are the third owners. The middle family stayed only 8 years. We hope to be here 100 years as well.

We face the river, our back to the road three hundred feet behind us, buffered by a forest of pines, locusts, walnuts, mulberry trees and other varieties most of whom we planted. We grow a large portion of what we eat, and supply a good deal of food to birds, deer, squirrels, groundhogs, racoons, snakes, worms, cats, mice - not to mention the huge family of insects. We all live together here in peace [for the most part]. Some years back we kept chickens and sheep, but not after the big flood of 1996 when the river came into our house three feet on the first floor.

Our district is called the Plains District. It's a small valley of about 6 miles running east and west set inside the long 500 mile Shenandoah Valley that runs north and south. The Plains was a buffalo hunting ground for the indiginous people, not owned by any one tribe. Remnants of temporary teepee dwellings can be found. A famous Civil War Battle took place three miles from our house outside of the town of New Market. We live three miles in either direction from small towns [roughly 3,000 souls each].

This is rural country steadily building up with new homes for newcomers leaving the big cities. But here on the river, we are still secluded, no new bulding here becasue of the flood plane. So, we feel we are living in an island of nature that is almost like the wilderness. I love it here. I write books, my wife does art. She is a world class artist. You can see some of her work at http://margotbergman.com and some of mine at http://vitaebergman.com

I haven't written anything about the sheer beauty of our surroundings. That is for another time.

Cheers to all...and joy be your inspiration for life.

Vitae

+0
E.
E. Rayne

24 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: About my area and what I like about it..
12/1/2006 11:49:53 AM

Very interesting Vitae! Thanks for sharing your lovely wifes weblink too.

I really enjoyed reading your write up. I look forward to MORE! You are doing what you do best. In many ways.

Come back and share more when you have the hankerin to do so.

I'm honored to have you as my new friend. I look forward to getting to know Margo too.

Sharing and Succeeding in ALL GOODNESS!

~} Ellany

+0
E.
E. Rayne

24 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
This is For Margot..Your ArtWork..
12/1/2006 11:59:20 AM

This is for Margot... OUTSTANDING!  Artwork..

I'm still looking but I just had to stop and express my joy at viewing those Portraits. They are BEAUTIFUL!

Sharing and Succeeding in ALL GOODNESS!

~} Ellany

+0
Cathy Walker

370 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: This is For Margot..Your ArtWork..
2/17/2007 6:28:12 PM
 Vitae..I enjoyed your post immensly ..what a gorgeous place you live in
sounds absolutely magnificent..a dream home !!

and your wife is truly talented.
she might like to  look at a talented amatuers work(mine)
I've been painting for 30 years.
can you ask her if she'll especially look at the "fat women of cessnock "
two paintings..

http://www.synchronicityandsoup.blogspot.com

if the link doesn't work then just google Synchronicity and soup.

great post and what a lifestyle you both live.

regards cathy walker
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!