Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Famous African American Women Inventors
10/28/2006 7:05:22 PM
Luella,

You always make me smile! I was actually just sitting here wondering what the heck I am doing and why. Reflecting on the fact that I left New Orleans with no intentions of returning for just the reasons that I am so involved today.

Were it not for the events of 9/11 in New York, I would not be here. God works inmysterious ways-it was just too darned expensive to stay there so I came home.

You are right, of course, about my mom-at the time she was just mom and a terrible embarrasment to a teenager-with her talking and laughing with every body in the world it seemed at the time.

I think I finally began to get it-a little of the magnitude of who she had been at her funeral service when all those people came up to me to tell me.

When it gets to feeling too big for me to handle, I sit on the front porch and look at the sidewalk across the street and remind myself that this little stretch of sidewalk is my focus. The path "my" kids cross every day on the way to school.

Those few kids who wave and smile at me are the reason for whatever I have to do to make a difference for their lives.

Today, they had a community unity day, which I did not attend-they were painting their empty library.

Most of what I am doing is sitting here with my laptop, screaming to whoever has eyes to see-so that's really not too much.

I love you and John and with the support you both have given and offered I know we have great things in store for all of us.

Thank you.

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/30/2006 7:19:00 PM

Hello Joyce,

Your focus is right on target.  Keep looking at that stretch of sidewalk that "your" kids cross on the way to school.  They are the reason you do what you do. 

I see great things in the future for all of us.

Love you,

Luella May and John Elliott, aka Oaky Wood

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/30/2006 7:21:39 PM

Hello Judy,

I am so glad you enjoyed it.  You are most welcome.

Kindest regards,

Luella May and John Elliott, aka Oaky Wood

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!