Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Angie Potts

173 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
PPA Recall
10/18/2006 8:50:46 AM
DRUG RECALL INFORMATION > >All drugs containing PHENYLPROPANOLAMINE are being recalled. >You may want to try calling the 800 number listed on most >drug boxes and inquire about a REFUND Please read this >CAREFULLY. Also, please pass this on to everyone you know. > >STOP TAKING anything containing this ingredient. It has been >linked to increased hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding in brain) >among women ages 18-49 in the ! three days after starting use >of medication. Problems were not found in men, but the FDA >recommended that everyone (even children) seek alternative >medicine. > >The following medications contain Phenylpropanolamine: > >Acutrim Diet Gum Appetite Suppressant >Acutrim Plus Dietary Supplements >Acutrim Maximum Strength Appetite Control >Alka- Seltzer Plus Children's Cold Medicine Effervescent >Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold medicine (cherry or or ange) >Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold Medicine Original >Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough Medicine Effervescent >Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Flu Medicine >Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Sinu s Effervescent >Alka Seltzer Plus Night-Time Cold! Medicine >BC Allergy Sinus Cold Powder >BC Sinus Cold Powder >Comtrex Flu Therapy & Fever Relief >Day & Night Contac 12-Hour Cold Capsules >Contac 12 Hour Caplets >Coricidin D Cold, Flu & Sinus >Dexatrim Caffeine Free >Dexatrim Extended Duration >Dexatrim Gelcaps >Dexatrim Vitamin C/Caffeine Free >Dimetapp Cold & Allergy Chewable Tablets >Dimetapp Cold & Cough Liqui-Gels >Dimetapp DM Cold & Cough Elixir >Dimetapp Elixir >Dimetapp 4 Hour Liquid Gels >Dimetapp 4 Hour Tablets >Dimetapp 12 Hour Extentabs Tablets >Naldecon DX Pediatric Drops >Permathene Mega-16 >Robitussin CF >Tavist-D 12 Hour Relief of Sinus & Nasal >Congestion >Triaminic DM Cough Rel! ief >Triaminic Expectorant Chest & Head >Triaminic Syrup ! ! Cold & amp;am p; Allergy >Triaminic Triaminicol Cold & Cough ..... > >I just found out and called the 800# on the container >for Triaminic and they informed me that they are voluntarily >recalling the following medicines because of a certain >ingredient that is causing strokes and seizures in children: > >Orange 3D Cold & Allergy Cherry (Pink) >3D Cold & Cough Berry >3D Cough Relief Yellow 3D Expectorant > >They are asking you to call them at 800-548-3708 with >the lot number on the box so they can send you postage for you >to send it back to them, and they will also issue you a >refund. If you know of anyone else with small children, >PLEASE PASS THIS ON. THIS IS SERIOUS STUFF! > >DO PASS ALONG TO ALL ON YOUR MAILING LIST so people are >informed. They can then pass it along to their families. > >To confirm these findings please take time to check the >following: > > >http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/ppa/
Angie P www.dahodreams.fourpointmoms.com www.dahodreams.fourpointwellness.com www.dahodreams.fourpointconsultants.com www.pureworksdistributors.com/angelapotts
+0
Muriel Holladay

190 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: PPA Recall
10/18/2006 10:38:09 AM

Thanks for that info Angie.  It is most informative.  I don't take any of that myself as it gives me a real buzz, but I know many people who do. 

We need to get this info out to as many as possible.

Thanks again.

Muriel

+0
10/18/2006 10:52:33 AM

You Rock Angie.. This is awesome information.. Thank you again.. I do of a women that gives her child 1 of these for him to sleep at night...  Sadly.. she is only making things worse by the sounds of it..

Thanks again...   

+0
Kathy Kanouse

3270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/18/2006 12:38:18 PM
OM Goodness, Why do we have to keep going through all of this? I cannot believe that now it's a cough medicine & more.
Thanks Angie for telling us. I only use the dimetapp brands the rest are not used at my home.
I hope they can get it figured out soon. Makes you wonder about the generic brands as well. I guess  I will call the Pharmacy on this one...
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/18/2006 9:48:14 PM

Hi Angie !

Not everyone is convinced that PPA poses nearly as much of a threat to consumers as claimed, and some critics have maintained the withdrawal was initiated by an overly cautious FDA based on flawed studies.

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!