Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Knock-knock...
10/17/2006 3:07:44 PM
Hi everyone! Sometimes, just when you get into a really good dream, somebody comes knocking at your door, like this... A husband and wife were sound asleep in bed in the early hours of the morning when there was a knock on their front door. The husband tried to ignore it, but moments later the knocking was repeated, louder than before. "Go and see who it is, dear," said the wife. "It must be important at this hour." So the husband put on his house-coat and went downstairs to answer the door. He was greeted by a drunk who said in a slurred voice, "Will you give me a push?" The husband was furious. "No, I will not," he raged. "It's half past three in the morning, and I was sound asleep in bed. Get lost!" And he slammed the door and went back up to bed. When he told his wife what had happened, she was annoyed with him. "That wasn't a very nice thing to do," she said. "Remember the time when our car broke down late at night in the pouring rain on our way to pick the kids up from the baby-sitter, and you had to knock on that man's door to get us started again? What would we have done if he'd told us to get lost?" "But this guy was drunk!" protested the husband. "It doesn't matter - he needs our help." The husband could see that he wouldn't be allowed to get back to sleep, so he got dressed, went downstairs and opened the door. He couldn't see the drunk anywhere so he called out, "Do you still want a push?" A voice came back out of the darkness, "Yes please." "Where are you?" asked the husband, still unable to see him. "I'm over here - on your swing." God bless, Dave http://desktoplightning.com/default
+0
Re: Knock-knock...
10/17/2006 4:23:42 PM

i LAUGHED SO MUCH i MADE THE cd SKIP....

Noel/Intern

TGAMM FM

Tomorrow Night

Wednesday - October 18th

* 8 pm until 9 pm *

THE GREAT AMERICAN MUSIC MACHINE

(TGAMM-FM)

Presents as part of 

TGAMM SPOTLIGHT

THE MOODY BLUES 

You can listen to all your favorite MOODY BLUES tunes like Knights In White Satin, The Story In Your Eyes, I Know You’re Out There and many, many more.

You can visit the MOODY BLUES  web site here:

http://www.kaibab.org/moodies/moodies.htm

Join your Host - Joe Buccheri & TGAMM FM - at 8pm (est) Wednesday - October 18th for this wonderful hour long special, all brought to you in cooperation with:

The 8  Invisible Stains of Our Souls  * 

The newly released Novel by Author – Luella May http://stains.thecorner4women.com/

Don’t have your  free .... free  ... TGAMM FM Radio player ?

Go here and safely download yours now. www.tgamm.com

The Great American Music Machine - TGAMM FM Radio

A Subsidiary Of

American Media International

+0
Jill Bachman

8860 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/17/2006 4:28:37 PM
Priceless  :-)  Ya just never know what fun moments the English language can create in our lives sometimes...........!  I can just picture that happening.

Thanks for the smile!

Cheers, Jill

+0
Eva
Eva Gutray

348 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/17/2006 5:11:41 PM

Tasmania-Australia 10-18-2006

Dear Mr. Dave Cottrell,

They say, your good nature come out when you have few more....

Thank you for the entertainment

Warm Regards Eva

Exquisite Franchise opportunity in the world, no fees affront.

Join us Worldwide, You make money, we conduct draw , and you distribute prizes. In return contribute 5% from your profit to our Charitable cause, ( refundable in your tax return claim ) , and the rest is your profit simple like that. For more information inquire at beemwwfc@Yahoo.com  in subject write < Franchise >

Http://Worldwin-ecard.com

Non for Profit Organization from Tasmania - Australia GLOBAL HARMONY PEOPLE HELP PEOPLE WHERE? AT http://worldwin-ecard.com
+0
Tanya V.

683 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/17/2006 6:22:31 PM
That's a funny one Dave!  Thanks for the laugh!  :)
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!