Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Designing a Page That Compliments Your Content Pt.4 (Links & Rules Of Use)
10/9/2006 1:25:40 AM
Links & Rules Of Use The vast majority of blogs feature a section or two that contains nothing but links. They may be links to the bloggers’ other blogs or to related sites; they may even be links to every syndicated columnist online - such a scheme makes up a good portion of the Drudge Report, Matt Drudge’s headline news portal. If you feature links, you’ll be following the grand tradition of successful bloggers and doing your readers a service. We’ll talk later about using your links as an assets to increase traffic, but for now we’ll just talk about how they are laid out, and in layout, there are two rules to follow: use your links purposely and organize them effectively. Everything on your page should contribute to your page, and your links are no exception. They should be organized in a manner that helps your readers navigate them, whether alphabetically or by subject. They should also each contribute something to your blog’s content. Aunt Mabel’s cat blog may be really nice – and you may really love your aunt - but the readers of your open-source software blog will not be terribly interested in it. Your links are an asset: distribute them in a way that maximizes your blog’s value, and organize them in a way that ensures your readers can find what they want. Kenneth R Sword Jr Next: Designing a Page That Compliments Your Content Pt.5 (Blog Layout)
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Designing a Page That Compliments Your Content Pt.4 (Links & Rules Of Use)
10/9/2006 4:04:12 PM

Hi Ken,

I love all these little learning tools.  Looking forward to the next one.

God bless,

Judy

+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/9/2006 4:42:47 PM
hi,
this is realy a good point. you want to help your readers, not make them click out, not to return. after a little work this does get easier.
nan
+0
10/9/2006 11:25:19 PM
Hi Kenneth, I enjoy reading your posts they make a lot of sense. Be really interested in your opinion how my 2 sites rate although I have no blog..is this a mistake? http://www.aussie-money-tree.biz http://www.aussie-money-tree.info Thanks Leanne Busby Check out your favorite tunes http://www.sanity.com.au/default.asp?Affiliate=19564
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/11/2006 3:41:22 PM

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks again for the great information.  If little by little I keep learning, one of these days I hopefully will get good at it.

Phil Black

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!