Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was...
6/4/2005 7:31:21 AM
"In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves ... self-discipline with all of them came first." - Harry S Truman -
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
HANS (DK)

137 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was...
6/4/2005 8:00:52 AM
. Thank you Bogdan for your invitation. It looks interesting - and I think you are right.. :-)
Best Regards and Wishes HANS NIELSEN Your Scandinavian Friend
CLICK "Get more worldwide ACTIVE online friends/contacts ;-)"
+0
Re: In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was...
6/4/2005 9:02:20 AM
Hi Bogdan! It is true that if one wants to succeed he must first bit the enemy and who is that number one and most difficult enemy - look into the mirror and you will know who it is - it's ourself. Always, Sunny http://www.skyquestcom.com/smartelearning Skyquestcom builds a wise, loving and respectable family.
Your Friend and Networking Partner Sunny Lim
+0
Amalia Sotiriadou

69 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/4/2005 10:01:38 AM
Depends on which great men Truman was reading about... Lots of great artists, writers and even scientists had absolutely no self-discipline, only inspiration. Van Gogh shut himself up in a mental institution and cut off his ear... Gaugin left his family to go frolicking in the Philippines... Einstein's personal life was a tragedy... Rembaux died from drug and alcohol abuse... There are a lot more, too many to recall and mention. Sure, you can become "great" with dedication and discipline, but TRUE greatness comes from somewhere within, a spark, a talent, a way to see the world differently. I'm afraid Mr. Truman was probably talking about himself when he said that, just as most of us tend to compare our own way of dong things to others who have reached greatness by doing things similarly. Amalia
Respect is not given - it is EARNED All the FREE stuff you need for your computer and a lot more! http://www.computerbom.net
+0
6/4/2005 10:51:18 AM
**************************************# "In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves ... self-discipline with all of them came first." - Harry S Truman – **************************************# Wise people say for victory, achievement and Success it’s imperative to “ Know Yourself.” It’s often said the hardest person to organise is yourself there are often too many distractions? but for success self discipline must come first. It must be remembered, your destiny is in your hands, it’s up to you to act, if you do not, life will probably continue for you as it is, and that for many people is depressing. The differences between: •Between Success and Failure •Between Wealth and Poverty •Between Happiness and Misery Can be summed up in six words: •Enthusiasm •Learning •Commitment •Dedication •Perseverance •Starting “NO ONE PLANS TO FAIL, THEY ONLY FAIL TO PLAN.” Use all your abilities and resources together with positive action, dedication and self-discipline, then there is nothing that can stop you realising the limitless goals of your life. Bryan Webb **************************************# ***** EARN and LEARN at:***** http://englishwww.en101.com weben101@yahoo.com "Ferrari" Flash Presentation: http://www.movie.ws/1abiz/show **************************************#
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!