Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Fundamental Belief Number 8 - The Great Controversy
9/21/2006 11:12:13 PM

I live in part of the country where evidence of the flood is everywhere. Some of it is very scenic. In fact, I'm only about two and a half hours away from the Grand Canyon which is one of the Seven Wonders of the World! Ever heard of a place called the Petrified Forest? I'm about 4 hours away from that. It' over near Holbrook, Az.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8. Great Controversy:
All humanity is now involved in a great controversy between Christ and Satan regarding the character of God, His law, and His sovereignty over the universe. This conflict originated in heaven when a created being, endowed with freedom of choice, in self-exaltation became Satan, God's adversary, and led into rebellion a portion of the angels. He introduced the spirit of rebellion into this world when he led Adam and Eve into sin. This human sin resulted in the distortion of the image of God in humanity, the disordering of the created world, and its eventual devastation at the time of the worldwide flood. Observed by the whole creation, this world became the arena of the universal conflict, out of which the God of love will ultimately be vindicated. To assist His people in this controversy, Christ sends the Holy Spirit and the loyal angels to guide, protect, and sustain them in the way of salvation. (Rev. 12:4-9; Isa. 14:12-14; Eze. 28:12-18; Gen. 3; Rom. 1:19-32; 5:12-21; 8:19-22; Gen. 6-8; 2 Peter 3:6; 1 Cor. 4:9; Heb. 1:14.)

+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Fundamental Belief Number 8 - The Great Controversy
9/21/2006 11:23:26 PM
In CHRIST we have the answer James, there is no controversy if we acknowlege who CHRIST IS !!!!! and Yes it is the HOLY SPIRIT that helps us see all truths, and discern all lies !!!! GRACE N PEACE TO ALL Pauline R
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/21/2006 11:35:28 PM

Hi Pauline, if we have Christ as the center of our lives, like you said, everything else will fall in line. Had Lucifer not been thrown out of Heaven, where would we be today?

+0
9/21/2006 11:50:06 PM

The only controversy is who will you listen to.  Go to a quiet place and be still.  Clear your mind.  You will hear God speaking, listen to what he says.  Set aside some time each day to listen to your heart and what God is saying.  Often this happens in the very early morning hours for me when I am alone.  God whispers, he does not shout.

Kate

Kate McCrea Black Cat Originals Will Bring Your Fashion Vision To Life! http://www.blackcatoriginals.com
+0
9/22/2006 5:46:06 AM

Hi James,

The world may be in conflict, but the victory has been won! We need to work together and walk together and work for justice for all persons. Have a blessed day! Gwen

Gwen Trullinger
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!