Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Fundamental Belief Number 6 - Creation
9/18/2006 10:22:50 PM

You will notice on this study that texts have been taken from both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. Your thoughts on this topic are always welcome. Please don't be shy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6. Creation:
God is Creator of all things, and has revealed in Scripture the authentic account of His creative activity. In six days the Lord made "the heaven and the earth" and all living things upon the earth, and rested on the seventh day of that first week. Thus He established the Sabbath as a perpetual memorial of His completed creative work. The first man and woman were made in the image of God as the crowning work of Creation, given dominion over the world, and charged with responsibility to care for it. When the world was finished it was ``very good,'' declaring the glory of God. (Gen. 1; 2; Ex. 20:8-11; Ps. 19:1-6; 33:6, 9; 104; Heb. 11:3.)

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Fundamental Belief Number 6 - Creation
9/19/2006 1:23:50 AM

I shall be back.

I seem to have missed the lasat couple of postings so I will research, find and try to reply.

Roger

+0
9/19/2006 1:35:23 AM
I think it took God a little longer than the 6 days listed.  But, since time did not exist until God was done with the Earth, He can call it what He wants.  I don't really think time means much to Him anyway since He's omnipresent.
Kate McCrea Black Cat Originals Will Bring Your Fashion Vision To Life! http://www.blackcatoriginals.com
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/19/2006 10:42:09 AM

Hey Roger, I know it's easy to delete invitations as there are so many of them! Here's the link, maybe that will help!

Jim's forum threads

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/19/2006 10:51:53 AM

Linda, what you are saying is true, except for one thing. During God's creation, He did it in 6 days according to the creation story. Remember we are assuming the Bible creation story as related to Genesis Chapter One. If you look at Genesis Chapter 2 verses 1, 2, and 3 what does it say there? We have no biblical evidence that creation took longer than six days. If you can show it to me, I will believe it!

I also believe the world existed before creation. However, according to scripture again, it was without form and void. This means to me there was no life on earth before creation. I know an evolutionist will want to say different, but remember we are assuming information coming from the Bible, the creation theory.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!