Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
I HAD A DREAM
9/18/2006 6:31:59 PM

Hi John here,

this article was first published way back in  January 2006, and therefore because many of you have never read it because it was within my our old account before Luella and myself created this new one together, I have decided ro republish it here today. For those of you who read the original posting please forgive me, for those who have never read it, do enjoy my vision, and you may also understand the foundation of The Corner 4 Women.

I HAD A DREAM

Yes just like Marin Luther King I certainly had a dream. Now this wasn’t just an ordinary dream, and it wasn’t one involving finding a cache of gold at the end of a rainbow or winning the lottery. It wasn’t a dream of some sun kissed beach, and myself being tendered by a half naked native girl, no this wasn’t my dream at all. My dream was so different, like one I’ve never had before, nor will I ever again

The voices in my dream-state said, “Build it and they will come” just like the Kevin Costner film “Field of dreams”. Was I to build a baseball field I hear you ask, well my friends, no I wasn’t, the far away voices were not ghostly, long forgotten, old baseball players at all, but the voices of abused women from all over the world, asking for help no pleading for help was more like it. A cosmic, “Dear John” that only I had tuned into, whilst deep in my slumber.

This was early November, and the bustle of Christmas preparations were starting in earnest, as tinsel decorated shops and homes sprang up all over. Yet my thoughts weren’t of celebrations but of my wonderful dream. A dream of hopes for many, inspiration for others and for a few the escape route out of oppression. Yes Martin Luther had a vision of freedom for all peoples, freedom from abuses of a different kind and he spoke out in his now most powerful and famous speech “I Had A Dream”. As for myself I wanted freedom from my own ghosts, given me by an abusive father, but most of all I wanted a sanctuary for abused women. A safe haven where they could stand united and help each other, a place where there own aspirations could be realized by breaking their own mental chains of oppression. I wanted a safe environment where women could empower other women. I am no evangelist or bible pusher I have my own deep and fundamental beliefs, yet here was a vision unfolding before me, one so powerful it could have been brought to me by an angel. Bestowed upon me by the hand of God, for the message that continued to sound load and clear was “Build it and they will come”.

How was I going to achieve all this, I hadn’t the finances, I hadn’t any particular skills, or at least so I thought. This is what I contested over and over to my visionary angel. But the voices continued echoing deep into the night, and etching their way even deeper into my subconscious mind. So powerful were the images before me, with the clarity of a mid summer’s day, that I began to wonder, was I really still dreaming or had I awoke and wandered out into the meadows beyond the roads festooned with cars. I sat alone atop of a sea of green, the warm sun, burning as it seared down. Surely this was still November? So I must be dreaming. The voices came ever closer whispering sweetly in my ears, “Build it and they will come” The darkened stranger opened the cloak of mystery, and sat beside me. Underneath the bruises and cuts, and the swollen eyes, I detected a beauty so pure emanating from a slender young lady now dressed in the softest of satin dresses. Her sole-full brown eyes caught mine as a tear appeared, and twinkled like a diamond on her discoloured cheek. The knot in my own throat, tightening as I gulped in air, trying to compose myself. Not a single word was spoken, yet volumes of pure thoughts flooded my mind, and the hours just drifted by, as did the wispy clouds in my imaginary sky. Everything I needed to know was vividly implanted in my brain as this young lady stood over me, and gently whispered, “Build it my friend, and they will come”.

With those soft and gentle words still on her lips she spread her golden wings blew me a kiss and flew gracefully away into the blue yonder.

I’m now nearing the end of January 2006, and on 16th January I launched my website called “The Corner” an ezine for every woman, empowering women of the world. I didn’t know it at the time, but this wonderful date was Martin Luther King Day my visionary from the past who also “Had a Dream” my dream was ….“The Corner 4 Women” I certainly did build it and now you come!

By

John Elliott Aka Oaky Woodã2006

Yes I wrote this article way back in January, and our humble website The Corner 4 Women http://thecorner4women.com was a mere baby, only a few days old, yet with a far reaching voice as she cried out for attention. Luella and myself nurtured our new child with lots of love and endless hours of devotion as any dedicated parents should.

Today we are expanding at an exponential rate far beyond our wildest dreams or expectations as we grow into the future. Our baby has been given the best foundations for healthy growth and well being. our humble site has been featured on WTVA 6 o'clock news, and radio stations as the BUZZ goes out about all that we do both on the internet and off.

Luella has now been contacted by Tupelo Juvenile Hall with the hopes of working together with, and helping young female offenders. This is indeed a great honour for us as we are always dedicated to helping others in the achievement of their own potentials and goals.

We are now also in the process of acquiring an official non profit making charity organization status. And all from a simple dream I had way back in November.

Dreams do come true, but first you have to have a dream. Just like that famous South Pacific song, if you don't have a dream, then how you gonna have a dream come true.

Lots of Love and Peace always
John Elliott aka Oaky Wood and Luella May

+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: I HAD A DREAM
9/18/2006 7:37:13 PM
Thanks John and Luella, I'm so glad I took the time to look at a few forums. Aren't dreams grand? I am so happy you have realized yours because it encourages the rest of us to pursue owr own. That is interesting about the not for profit status. How does that work? What do you have to do to qualify for that? again thanks for all you do !! Beth
+0
9/18/2006 8:39:15 PM

Hi John and Luella,

Every dream that comes to fruition starts with one step forward, then the next step, and you've done amazing work.  Kudos to you both.

Warm regards,

http://www.TVInfomercialProfits.com - Join a company with a 98% success rate ADHD or starting memory loss or dementia? - http://www.asmartbrain.com http://predatoryincome.com http://nutritionasnatureintended.com
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/19/2006 3:44:51 AM
Hi John and Luella,

You have both fought for your dream and now it is beginning to come true.

With all my love and support

Jenny

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/26/2006 10:04:30 PM

Hello Beth,

I am so very glad you found John's article.  Dreams do come true.  And since this article was written we have branched out in directions we never knew would be available to us.

However, it was not easy.  We laughed a lot and we also cried a lot.  It's been a trip through mountains and valleys.  Perseverence is always needed.  You learn many lessons, some are quite hurtful, but keep on persevering and you will reach that dream.

Kindest regards,

Luella May and John Elliott, aka Oaky Wood

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!