Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Fundamental Belief Number 5 - God the Holy Spirit
9/14/2006 11:22:14 PM

Hi My Friends, I was wondering if you could share an experience where you felt the Holy Spirit intervene in your life? Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5. Holy Spirit:
God the eternal Spirit was active with the Father and the Son in Creation, incarnation, and redemption. He inspired the writers of Scripture. He filled Christ's life with power. He draws and convicts human beings; and those who respond He renews and transforms into the image of God. Sent by the Father and the Son to be always with His children, He extends spiritual gifts to the church, empowers it to bear witness to Christ, and in harmony with the Scriptures leads it into all truth. (Gen. 1:1, 2; Luke 1:35; 4:18; Acts 10:38; 2 Peter 1:21; 2 Cor. 3:18; Eph. 4:11, 12; Acts 1:8; John 14:16-18, 26; 15:26, 27; 16:7-13.)

+0
Re: Fundamental Belief Number 5 - God the Holy Spirit
9/16/2006 9:19:55 AM
Greetings Brother
You would like me to share 'an experience where I feel Holy Spirit intervened in my life'?  Wow!  There has been so many.  One particular incident I can recall is ..

It was Friday January 17th, 1997,  I woke up at 4:00 am with chest pains.  I got up and walked around but it didn’t help.  Al, my husband told me to take a couple of Rolaids.  That didn’t help either.  I couldn’t get comfortable no matter what I did.  I began to sweat even though I felt cold.    After a short while I decided I should go to the hospital.  Al phoned to let them know I was coming.  Then he went to start the car.  It would not start, as it was really cold outside.  He thought he should phone the ambulance.  Well, I didn’t want him to do that.  I figured if it were just indigestion or something I would feel foolish.  So I said I think I will be ok to walk if we took our time.  I walked down the flight of stairs, then 2 blocks to the hospital.  I held onto Al’s arm so I would fall and also as I felt dizzy.  Things were going black around me.

Upon arrival to the hospital, they hooked me up to an EKG machine.  It showed irregularity.  So they gave me some nitro, then some morphine for the pain, then more nitro, then more morphine.  They did this over, and over three or four times.  Then they decided to put a nitro patch on my arm.  Shortly after that I felt faint (the events after this is hearsay as I passed out). The monitor went straight-line.  Al ran to phone the other elder [Al was an elder] in the church to pray. Her husband’s son answered the phone.  Pretty soon she came to the phone.    At first she thought Al was just kidding, then she heard the monitor in the background.   She phoned up a couple people from the church to start the pray chain, as she dressed.  Then she immediately drove to town.  By the time she arrived I was ok.    At least I had been somewhat stabilized.  They had decided to send me to a larger hospital an hour away by ambulance.  They decided I was stable enough that only a nurse needed to go, not a doctor.  They packed up a medical box, and away we went.  About half way there they had to give me another shot of morphine but they didn’t bring a syringe.  So they phoned ahead to the nearest hospital.  They stopped on the highway, because the roads to the hospital were rough.  The nurse jumped out of the back of the ambulance and ran back to Al and the other elder in the car behind us.  I can just imagine what they thought.   They drove the nurse to the hospital on the side road for the syringe.  After this shot I began to feel a lot better.  They seemed nervous, all the way they talked to me, as if they were trying to keep me alert.   And all I wanted to do was sleep.  Upon arrival at the hospital, I was met by personal that immediately took me to the ICU.  The doctor was waiting in the room for me.  He examined me.  He could find nothing wrong with me.  He felt I could have had a spasmodic esophagus.  And I was overdosed on nitro. 

One of the ambulance drivers and friend asked me if I saw anything while I was out.  He is a missionary with CSSM.  I never really thought about it until then, but as I was coming to, when I passed out, and straight lined.  I saw a very bright light and many people over me, as if they were hovering.  When I came fully conscious.  The light was not as bright, and there were only one nurse, one doctor and 2 ambulance guys.    My friend said when they walked in the room, they saw me lying there as if dead, and I was as white as the sheets.  Him and the other ambulance driver, another friend were in shock.  They were not expecting to see me.  Both these guys are friends. 

Friends are a very common term in a small town.  Basically everyone is your friend.  In the sense you know them all.  

The next day was funny.  Really would like to have been there.  My husband, Al was at the front of the restaurant getting things ready to open when our new cook came in the back.  As he walked out in the restaurant, Al came around the corner overwhelmed by Holy Spirit he began to speak in tongues.  Our cook just starred at him.

Later a lady in the church shared with me that when the elder phoned her to pray for me she didn’t know how to pray. So she asked God.  She began to pray the 91st Psalm.  Also, the elder, as she drove to the hospital was asking God to keep me under the shelter of the all most high.   So needless to say, that chapter has a very special place in my heart.

I can see why the enemy tried to take me out.  The next few months God’s plans involved great promotions in the natural and spiritual realm.   And over the next few years God had plans to mature us in Him and launch us out into His Plan for our lives.

God was there all the time with me as He is today.

Under His Wings
Linda

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/16/2006 9:44:02 AM

Linda, what an amazing story. If I remember right, I was up in Detroit at that time, waiting for a trip!

The most recent experience I can relate to was not myself, but my younger sister. She felt a growth on one of her ovaries and decided she had better have it x-rayed. They found what looked like a tumor that was the size of an egg. She did not tell anyone in the family right away, but my folks found out about it, and they immediately notified the rest of us. We started a prayer chain at my church, and it was also done at my folks church in Avon Park. A couple weeks went by and she went in for another examination. She was told she needed to have it removed right away. They did an ultrasound on it this time and low and behold the tumor had shrunk from the size of an egg to the size of a pea. She was asked what she had done and she said nothing but prayer. The Dr cancelled the surgery and said it was not necessary now, but would continue to monitor it.

+0
9/16/2006 10:01:35 AM
Cool!  That is soooooooooooooo God!!!

If I may indulge here, I would like to share another circumstance.  It could encourage someone.

November 1997, I was totally set free from Fibromyalgia.   I suffered from Fibromyalgia for about 8 years.  It seemed a lot longer, and it totally changed my life.  The pain was terrible.  I would wake up in the morning, and would have to move my fingers by the help of my other hand then I would have to move my arms, so I would be able to get up out of bed.  Then I would walk to the bathroom, where I would soak in a hot tub for 15 to 20 until I was able to walk down the stairs.  This was a daily ritual.  I didn’t sleep well at night.  Quite often, I would just lay there most of the night looking into the blackness, wide-awake. 

I was living a somewhat normal life, when one day in 1989, I was involved in a car accident.   At that time I ended up with whiplash and an impacted shoulder, I still suffer from this from time to time.    It was shortly after this that was diagnosed with FMS [Fibromyalgia].  And my life began to go down hill fast.  

We had a man come to our church by the name of Billy Smith, who had the gift of healing.   The first night he was there he totally passed by me, ignored me completely.  I had a hard time with that and had quite the time with Holy Spirit the next day.  I went the next night knowing that it is Holy Spirit that heals not a man.  Anyway, Billy Smith laid his hands on me but he did not pray.  At that time I felt like my body was elevating off the floor.  I felt a lot better, but not 100%, and soon the symptoms came back, bit by bit.  

It was August 1996, about a year after we began to going to this new church work in Rainy River, Ontario Canada, that God was to heal me of Fibromyalgia.  There was a woman, lead of the Lord said, “she could see these chains on me”.  She prayed and saw the chains fall to the floor, but not off of my feet.  I felt another big improvement. 

A month or so later this same woman prayed again for me!  She prayed until the chains were completely off my feet.  I stepped forward out of the chains, and began to dance with praise to my Lord.  I have been free of FMS ever since.    I spent over 8 years in those chains.  Oh, I am not saying that the enemy does not try to put those chains back on.  Once in a while I feel some of the symptoms try to come back, but I just praise the Lord for my healing, and then I rebuke the enemy.

This reminds me of the scripture in Mark 8 where Jesus touched the blind man twice before he was healed of his blindness. “And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him.  And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought. And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking. After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly. And he sent him away to his house, saying, neither go into the town, nor tell it to any in the town.”

Under His Wings
Linda

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/16/2006 3:35:55 PM
Linda, that is so awesome. Praise God for that! I hope there is someone out there who can appreciate this story. Would you mind if I post it on my website?
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!