Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Fundamental Belief Number One
9/10/2006 10:27:59 PM
Amen to "1. Holy Scriptures:
The Holy Scriptures, Old and New Testaments, are the written Word of God, given by divine inspiration through holy men of God who spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit."

It is one thing to believe this but yet another thing to live it. 
So many Christians say they believe this, but they so often believe in the circumstances in their life to be truth OVER the WORD OF GOD. 

Don't get me wrong here, I have not arrived - still along way to go.  :)

But one truth to start with is healing.

Old Testament says, Isa 53:5  But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

New Testament says, 1Pe 2:24  Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

There are other scriptures as well.  But the scriptures do say WE ARE HEALED.  So tell me, why do so many Christians say, they are sick???

I am not saying we should deny the facts that our bodies are sick, or bones broken etc.  But should we accept that sickness, or should be declare to our bodies that they are healed.   Praise the Lord for our healing, even before it manifests in our bodies.  Do not accept the sickness. 

After all sickness, I believe is from the devil .. he is the one that comes to steal, kill and destroy!!

Linda

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/10/2006 11:45:06 PM

Linda, first of all, thank you for visiting my forum. Your comments are most welcome here.

I believe the primary reason most people are sick is because they do not claim the promises that have been given them in the bible.  The promises are there for people who need to be lifted up in one way or another. One of the biggest problems with society today is people listen to what the preacher says and they do not study for themselves like the Bereans did in the New Testament.

Someone recently shared this link with me, and I will pass it on. I hope you find it useful.

God's Yellow Pages

Here's the link if you cannot click on it:

http://web2.airmail.net/dpelc/yellow/

+0
9/11/2006 9:03:48 AM
Greetings Brother

I totally agree that the reason that people are sick is because they do not claim the promises that have been given them in the bible.   The term "to claim the promises or scriptures" is something I have found most Christian do not understand.   It is a saying that has been floating around the Christian circles, but people do not know what it means.

To claim the promises of God for yourself, first you do need to read them.  The scriptures should be read, not religiously mind you, where a person just reads X number of scritpures a day for the sake of reading.  :)
Once the scriptures are read, one must believe they are true.  That they are the Word of God.  And not only that they have to believe that they are for them.    How many times do we read the scriptures and say that is for so and so.  Whether it is for correction or for healing.  :)
Then, we need to find a scripture that covers the situation we are in right now.  Then stand on that scripture, like take that scripture to heart.  Believe that scripture, no matter what may be happening in our life right now.
Then here comes the big one .. we need to watch our mouth!  We should not continually speak out the circumstances .. like "oh am I sick".  But begin to speak forth the Word over that situation. 
By the strips of Jesus I am healed.  Tell your body to line up with the Word of God. And praise God for your healing even before it is manifested in the flesh.

Mark 11:22  And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
Mark 11:23  For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Mark 11:24  Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

This is all claiming the Word of God for yourself.

>>> Thanks for the link to God's yellow pages.  I have had it book marked for some time now.  :)

Linda
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/11/2006 10:01:15 AM

Linda, something that has helped me thru the years is when you see a text that means something to you, commit it to memory, then when you need it, you can recite it without having to look it up!

+0
9/11/2006 10:18:27 AM
Amen - hiding the Word in our hearts

Psa 119:11  Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!