Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Tanya Manada

14 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Eternal Security vs. Responsibility
8/27/2006 12:36:24 AM

Eternal security: the belief that once a person accepts Jesus Christ as his Savior he can never be lost. Eternal security sounds great until you realize that this doctrine allows people to commit every sin under the sun without suffering any consequences for their complete lack of holy living.

Why most people lack any concern for their eternal salvation is the most baffling question I can ponder. The Bible says that few people will choose to make heaven their eternal home. (Matthew 7:13-14) The Bible and man are in sharp conflict with each other because most folks expect to be bound for heaven when they leave this world.

It's no accident that most people are deceived about their eternal destiny. Satan, who is described as the enemy of mankind, has made the damnation of sould his full-time job. Of course, everyone who's been hoodwinked by the devil into believing a lie only has himself or herself to blame for poor judgment.

Satan doesn't come knocking on everyone's door saying, "Excuse me, could I please deceive you into losing your eternal soul." The devil and his fallen angels have a much smoother approach. They labor 24 hours a day, seven days a week to dream up new schemes that have men following paths that appear to be the way to heaven, but that in reality lead to a dead end called "hell".

The all-pervasive eternal security teaching has to rank as one of the devil's favorite tools for deceiving man into neglecting or turning away from God's plan of salvation.

Alarm bells should have souded immediately the first time it was made known that eternal security allows it's adherents to sin as they please.

I'm amazed that a doctrine so contrary to the word of God could have so many people relying upon it as their means of salvation. Jesus said, "he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall  be saved' (Matthew 24:13). For someone to think they can just claim Jesus as their Savior and go on living a life of iniquity is ridiculous. Jesus told us in Matthew 7:23 that when Judgment Day comes, He'll be saying to many,"I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

By Todd Strandberg: http://www.raptureready.com

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!