Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Neil Reinhardt

1314 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
NEW PAYPAL SCAM! (Well, new to me)
8/25/2006 3:16:08 PM
Hi All, I just got this and I do not remember getting one where these crooks said someone had sent me money, thus trying to get me to use their link to access my PayPal account. Anywho, watch out for these!!! --------------------------------- Dear PayPal client, This email confirms that you have received a payment of $63.98 USD from Leonard Knebell (raegannk@dewittec.net). Login here to view the details of this transaction: http://www.paypal.com/webscr?cmd=LogIn&Transaction_ID=1882361990 ----------------------------------- Payment Details ----------------------------------- Total Amount: $63.98 USD Currency: U.S. Dollars Transaction ID: 1882361990 Sales Tax: $0.00 USD Item/Product Number: 1D348F Buyer: Leonard Knebell ---------------------------------------------------------------- Thank you for using PayPal! The PayPal Team More Information About SSL Certificates Copyright 1999-2006 PayPal. All rights reserved. Information about FDIC pass-through insurance ----------------------- PLEASE, TAKE CARE! NEIL
This Grumpy Old Son Of A Beach says: For a simple, inexpensive, and great tasting, way to earn money, click here: ----------------------- http://NeilsTeam.jerkydirect.com -------------------- And for a progam which is better than most mlm's I know of
+0
Re: NEW PAYPAL SCAM! (Well, new to me)
9/2/2006 7:06:12 PM
Hi make a copy of that message and then go to your paypal and send it to them and don't use the like in the email. Paypal does not send you messages like this unless you have subscribed to something like adlandpro etc. Use your own link to paypal and check as well and if they have paid money to someone you don't know challenge it.

Frank
Frank S Farnell
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/2/2006 8:43:11 PM

Yes,

Most definatly, contact paypal with this. Just "DO NOT" use their link. They are trying to get you to click that link so they can get your password and use your account money.

Becareful and Have a Great Day!!

Eileen

+0
10/1/2006 12:12:03 AM
Our company get thos every once in a while.   They are so hard to believe that these transactions are not real.   They even include the Pay Pal logo.   We had received two confirmations from Pay pal stating that payment had been made and that the cash would be released as soon as we shipped the merchandise.  We checked with Pay Pal and to our surprise they did not have any transaction from those certain individuals.   Pay Pal told us that they do not hold cash under any cercustance because they don't know when merchandise is shipped.  We are glad we checked first.  We would have been out on merchandise.  Becareful and if in doubt....don't ship or release anything til you actually have the cash deposited in your account.   EdealsRoom.com
+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/1/2006 5:41:54 AM

lol  that scammer is a cheap skate.

One I received said they had paid me $500. and another said they had paid me $300.

Needless to say I never click on a link in an email from any of my payment prosessors even if I know they are genuine.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!