Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
New To AdlandPro
8/14/2006 10:45:51 PM

Hi Everyone!

I am new to AdlandPro and I would like to say a big "THANK YOU" to all the people who sent me an invintation to their friend's list. I do have a question though. What is a friend's list? I know that I have a lot to learn but I am very glad to be amongst people who are all working together and helping each other out. It is AWESOME!.

Tamare Harris

Don't You Wish You Could Fire Your Boss. Let Me Show You How. http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/HARR8896
+0
Re: New To AdlandPro
8/15/2006 11:06:33 AM

Hi Tamare,

I'm new here also, still stumbling around. Trying not to waste too much of my writing time learning my way around, but once i start i soon realize that i've spent over 2 hours trotting around this site. There is a lot to learn and see. Just take it slow and maybe one task at a time.

Welcome, and give me a holler.

Arthur

Arthur L. Bain - Professional Illustrator Owner-Dynamic Results Inc., http://dynamicresults.us
+0
8/16/2006 4:34:06 PM

Hi Tamare

===============
I am new to AdlandPro and I would like to say a big "THANK YOU" to all the people who sent me an invintation to their friend's list. I do have a question though. What is a friend's list? I know that I have a lot to learn but I am very glad to be amongst people who are all working together and helping each other out. It is AWESOME!.
===============

First of all - welcome to Adland!!

The best way to understand what your friend's list is would be to explain how it works.

Let's say I am on your friend's list. Whenever you post a message on your forum, you will see a little checkbox that says "notify my friends" - or something to that effect. If you click that box, I will get a message inviting me to your forum because I am on your friends list. Each time you post a message to your forum, if you check the notify box, your friends will be notified.

At the same time, you will also be notified when your friends post to their forums.  I have just over 400 friends and I get about 35-50 Adland messages every day. 

Here's a little tip. Don't feel that you have to respond to every message. As your list grows, you will discover that you simply can't reply to them all. Don't feel bad about that. Some people run around to the forums (for hours) posting "thanks for the invite" and stuff just to acknowledge each invitation. You don't have to do that. It gets tiring and could eat up hours that you could spend doing things that are more productive - or even more enjoyable. lol  Just reply to things that interest you and delete the rest.  That way, you'll enjoy your interactions here instead of finding them tiring you out.

And again - welcome!  If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. This is a really friendly forum and the members here love to help when we can.

Linda

+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/17/2006 8:57:25 PM
Welcome to Adland Tamare and even more specifically to Linda's forum. There are a lot of great people here as you will quickly learn if you visit and participate in the forum often.
+0
9/19/2006 12:19:31 AM

Hi, im new here also :)

Make Football galaxy your universe today.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!