Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Beth Schmillen

134 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Good suggestions on what makes a good website by Bernadette Doyle
8/2/2006 2:15:59 AM
© Bernadette Doyle, 2006 Want to share this material with others? Yes, you can!.... Client Magnets Newsletter By Bernadette Doyle Hello and welcome to 84 new subscribers this week. As the due date for my baby arrives comes every closer and closer, I never know for sure whether this is the last newsletter I'll be sending before I have the baby. I've written 6 weeks worth of newsletters in advance that my assistant Liz will be sending out on my behalf during my maternity leave, but there's a good chance that I'll still be here next week! Babies eh? You just can't schedule them! I have a worrying feeling that this is just the shape of things to come, and I can already hear the knowing laughter of readers of this newsletter who are already parents. Well babies may be unpredictable, but one thing I know that IS predictable is a website that is designed to bring in sales. This week I want to share what I've learned about creating profit-producing websites. Contact Me Want to publish your own newsletter like this one? Click here to find out how! How to make m*ney marketing Seminars, Workshops and training courses 'What Should I Put on my Website?' It seems that a day doesn't go past without me hearing a variation of one of the following comments or questions: 'I've invested hundreds (or thousands) in my website, but it's not bringing the sales I expected' 'I know I NEED a website but I can't seem to get it completed. I'm confused by the technology, and I'm not sure what content to put on my website' So this week I want to focus on what makes a 'good' website. My definition of a 'good' website is one that delivers the results you want. In other words, if you want your website to generate leads, it should do that. If you want to convert visitors into buyers, it should do that. As the web developed, all sorts of claims were made about the ability to reach a global audience and have a shop window that made your business available to potential clients 24-7. Both of those things are true, but let's face it, a web presence is simply a medium of advertising and selling, and if you don't have a basic understanding of how the sales process works offline, you aren't going to make it work online. Your website can help you ACCELERATE your sales results. It is not, of itself, a miracle 'cure-all.' The number one mistake I see people make with websites is that they create them from a design and content perspective as opposed to a sales and marketing function perspective. You need to think about the FUNCTIONS you want your sales site to perform first. When you are clear on what you want your website to actually DO for your business, then it will be much easier to decide what content to include and - as importantly -what content to leave out, and then FINALLY you can make decisions about design and colour! So let's start this week with a quick recap on a proven two-step sales process: Get your target audience to 'raise their hands' Convert those 'raised hands' into paying business Now let's explore how your website can help you do this. What's your 'most wanted response'? When someone visits your website, what is the one thing that you want them to do? Do you want them to buy straight away, or do you want to capture their details so that you can follow up? Well, in the Client Magnets approach, what you really want is their details so you can follow up, because once you've got them to 'raise their hands', they're on your list, and there's no limit to how many times you can follow up with them. Whereas, if you're aiming to close the sale straight away, you may potentially miss out on a lot of people who aren't ready to buy today but could be good contacts for you and good people on your list. You can have an effective website with only a few pages I was working with someone recently who's creating a new website, and I told them that these are the ONLY pages I would have on your website to start with. First, you need your homepage, where you should just sum up the results you deliver, as opposed to going into lots of unnecessary detail about what you do or how you do it. If you follow my approach, there will be plenty of time to do that later. So your homepage doesn't necessarily have to have a whole lot of information about you, or your business, but should speak directly to the visitor and tell them about the problems you can help them solve, or a desire they have that you can help them achieve. And the main thing I would aim to do on that homepage would be to offer something that gives people a reason to give you their email address and permission to send to them. So if I was creating a new website that would be the homepage; just something really simple that sums up the results I'm delivering. And then it would have a web form so that people can put in their details and request further information. What's the NEXT action you want them to take? As I've said, the most important step in the Client Magnets approach is to get the visitor to 'raise their hands' because now they are 'on your list' you have ample opportunity to follow up with them. But in terms of your sales process, you do need to be clear about what the NEXT step is that you want them to take too. If you aren't clear about this you can end up with a big list, but no sales! So for example, if you are hypnotherapist or nutritionist, you might want them to phone and book their initial session. If you are selling to businesses your desired next action might be a phone consultation or a face-to-face appointment. If you are a coach, your desired next action might be to set up an introductory session. On one of my websites, my desired next action, after someone has joined my list, is to get them to buy my e-book. Whatever your desired NEXT action is, you need to have a page which actually 'sells' the visitor on taking that action. You'll get best results if you follow proven sales copywriting techniques to do this, including a headline, good strong copy, and calls to action and really motivate the person to take the action you are encouraging them to take. Then, in your follow up messages to people who give you their email addresses, you can continually nudge them in the direction of your next action. Sounds too simple? It really IS that simple. My most successful website (measured in sales delivered) has just 2 pages: one that collects visitor name and addresses, and another one that 'sells' visitors on the next action. I've set it up so that visitors don't even get to see the 'next action' until after they've given me their email address. So as you can see, creating a website that delivers sales results does not have to be complicated, or involve you burning the midnight oil for hours on end. I appreciate that I've glossed over the technical aspect, but if you're someone who is ready to have a website that actually brings in business without you having to slog away for hours on end, keep reading. I'm embarrassed to admit that it took me about 3 years to figure out how to combine the technical aspect with this sales process so that I finally had a website that brought in sales. The good news for you is: it doesn't have to take you 3 years. In fact, I'd like to make your route to a profitable website as short and fast as it can possibly be, so to this end..... Finally! The Sales & Marketing Expertise And The Technical Know-How All In One Place ....I've teamed up with 'techno-guru' Nick Smith to bring you a powerful solution that combines my sales and marketing know-how with his technical expertise. Let me tell you, I looked long and hard before I found the right person for this project. What's great about Nick is not only does he have the technical knowledge, he understands websites from a sales and marketing viewpoint. Nick has a proven track record of building rock-solid, effective websites that sell and has a complete understanding of the most up-to-date Internet marketing techniques so he understands what you need and why. He's built websites for some of the most successful Internet marketers in the world ...... people like Yanik Silver, Jim Edwards, Peter Woodhead, Larry Brown, Cindy Kappler, Steve Quartermaine - to name just a few. He regularly builds websites that make their owners tens of thousands of dollars every month (his personal best was a website that generated $179,940 in a month.) Nick and I recently joined forces to run a special Masterclass on: 'How To Make Your Website A Client Magnet' Sorry if you missed it, because we won't be running this again, but if you act fast, you can still get your hands on the recording, transcript and a superb resource file, including online video tutorials that show you exactly how to create a website that works! This Masterclass is for you if: you already have a website and want to discover how to make full use of the available technology to generate more enquiries and sales. you don't have a website and you want to discover the fastest way to turn your website into a client magnet and profit making machine! Your website can be a massive drain on your time and resources if you don't know what you are doing, so Nick and I are going to lay out a clear roadmap for you, so you will get the fastest return on your investment of time and money. You can avoid the wrong turns and pot-holes that I stumbled into. I explain what you need to do from a sales marketing point of view. Nick shows you how to make full use of the available technology to do it. And don't worry if you're not a 'techno-geek' (neither am I, and that hasn't stopped me from earning over £15k in just one month from my website) In our Masterclass and you will discover: * how to design a website that actually WORKS ie attracts subscribers and converts them into paying clients * how to decide what you should and shouldn't include on your website * 'do it yourself' or hire a designer? We'll help you weigh up the pros and cons of both and make the decision that is right for you * How to find website designers who won't rip you off. Let us reveal our 'secret formula' for finding the right people at the lowest cost * how to take payments online. It's quicker and easier than you think * the truth about getting your website on the 'front page' of search engines * how to make sure your website gets seen by the RIGHT people * software made simple! Want to format and send your newsletter, set up 'autoresponder' messages, edit your own website, sell and download digital products (like ebooks or mp3 files) from your website? We'll show you exactly what to do! * how to turn your website into an 'auto-pilot marketing machine' that generates enquiries, automatically responds to them and attracts business 24-7 - even when you are sleeping! * and how to do all of this WITHOUT it taking over your life, so you don't feel lassooed to your computer. We both know you have better things to do with your precious time! ....and much more This focused 2hr session is content packed as we reveal the exact strategies and steps to follow to turn your website into a 'client magnet' and a powerful profit generator. The fee is £67 per person, and includes the audio recording, a transcript of the entire call, 30 days of email support and a comprehensive resource file - including online video tutorials. At the end of this Masterclass you will have a 'ready to implement' action plan for creating a profitable website. As with all Client Magnets products, there is a full money back guarantee. If you don't agree that this is the most usuable material you've ever heard on creating a website that works, then you'll get a full refund. SPECIAL BONUS FOR THE FIRST 20 PEOPLE TO ACT: Asking yourself what you should put on your homepage? Have you ever struggled to sum up exactly what it is that YOU offer to clients? You'll love my special workbook on 'How to Create A Client Attracting Marketing Message'. This special workbook takes you step by step through a process that will help you sum up succinctly what makes YOU unique and why a client should be paying attention to what you have to offer. This workbook will help you create specific phrases that help you sum up the results you deliver and the problems you'll solve. Remember, I am only making this bonus available to the next 20 people who respond, so you need to act quickly if you want to grab this special bonus. To get your copy today, click here. We want to help YOU turn your website into a 'Client Magnet' that puts money in your pocket NOW. We've done it, and we want to show you how you can too. We know exactly what you need to do. Will you let us share our 'roadmap' with you? Click here for instant access. Bernadette Doyle www.clientmagnets.com www.howtomarketyourworkshop.com © Bernadette Doyle, 2006 Want to share this material with others? Yes, you can!....forward this newsletter to your friends and colleagues. If you know someone who would benefit from reading this, go ahead and spread the word! Yes, you can!....reprint any tip on your website, own newsletter or message boards. Please give credit where it's due, and let people know where they can join the list if they want more! Thank you! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Client Magnets Website www.clientmagnets.com Read past newsletters from the Archive. Participate in the Client Magnets Discussion Forum. Subscribe to the Client Magnets newsletter Go to the Client Magnets website here Your email addressed will only be used to send you the Client Magnets newsletter and will not be shared with anyone else under any circumstances. To Unsubscribe from the Newsletter list - please click the 'Cancel' link at the bottom of this newsletter. If you have any problems reading this newsletter because it looks incorrectly formatted please could you let us know at newsletter@clientmagnets.com
+0
Beth Schmillen

134 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Good suggestions on what makes a good website by Bernadette Doyle
8/2/2006 2:57:16 AM
I just posted an article about website design & marketing from a newsletter that I get (somewhat mysteriously unless I was click happy one nite very late!) I've had a little experience with this remarkable and challenging and also somewhat daunting task!!! I did have a nice site All about Vemma through ecomPlanet.com like alot of us have access free .... and one month... oops - i forgot to log in! all that work gone. I may have some html of it stored in notepad. but I don't think I was that organized then!! Several weeks ago I sent out a request via Direct contact email to Adland Members. Lots of replies. I looked into all of them. By then I could not decide what to do or if I should even have a separate website ... Days passed... I was cleaning out my inbox, going through old community forum notifications and there was one from CraftieLinda !! from 2 TWO 2 months ago. and it had the link to the most excellent little website that is FREE Here's my url http://www.BethsVentures.Extraincome.nu All you need do is copy and paste your urls and ads to the page and list your links. There's already ads in place and it is a way to make a little extra income !! Takes all the stress of website building, design & marketing completely away.... So, now I'm free to work on the new improved website free with ecomPlanet via adland that I started. What's helping me with that is MyMarketingFormula that's a little known internet secret that is essential for newbies (like me) and professionals alike... just go to http://www.mymarketingformula.com/?u=BethsVentures and get this. You can market it as well. You'll have a way to simplify tasks, meet your deadlines, Utilyze the Extensive Checklist of Marketing Tasks with select updating features... and get your website up & running !!!! That's my next goal to accomplish asap !!! enjoy Beth
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!