Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
...the birthplace of Count Vlad...
7/23/2006 11:16:17 AM

Welcome and greetings my dear Tourists :-)

Today we are going to go on a quick tour of one of our most interesting towns SIGHISOARA!

Sighisoara, situated in Romania center, in Transylvania province, is famous by its architecture dating from 14th century.
You have to walk up from the city to the medieval citadel and enter throwgh the 60-meter-tall clock tower (built in 1360).

Citadel Clock Tower in Sighisoara

Citadel Clock Tower in Sighisoara

The ocher-colored house named "Casa Vlad Dracula", where the Vlad the Impaler was born, better known as Vlad III Dracula, once lived, is now a cozy restaurant. You can find inside Gothic-style furniture and serve good soups and traditional Romanian dishes.

Sighisoara old buildings (12th Century)
The right building is the birthplace of Count Vlad Tepes (well known as Vlad Dracula). Now the building is a restaurant.

The convered stairway with 176 steps was made in 17th century. Museums, the Church on trop of the Hill (14th century) and the Monastery Church (15th century) both built in the Gothic style are attractions for numerous tourists.

Old arcade and Stairs Street (14th Century) in Sighisoara Citadel

If you came in Romania in August don't miss the "Medieval Art and Theatre Festival" that took place one week every year in the "Pearl of Transylvania" (Sighisoara). Actors wearing medieval clothes play drama in the citadel and music bands play on an installed stage in the center of the city. Beer and "mici" (traditional prepared meat) are provided by all the brand name beer factories from Romania during the festival.

Sighisoara citadel by night

The town of Sighisoara is the most enchanting of all the Transylvanian towns. Its medieval buildings, gilded roofs and towers have been unspoiled by war or modern industry. The Citadel, built by the Saxons in the 12th Cent., rises above the town and is preserved as a museum. The notorious Vlad Tepes, popularly called Dracula, was born in this town

Hope you liked this one too!

Your friend,
Anamaria

+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: ...the birthplace of Count Vlad...
7/23/2006 12:17:46 PM
Wow,

You are professional now. Background colour and real photos.

I will come back to read the stories and the comments. I am very busy.

Warm Regards
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Lisa Reddell

254 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/23/2006 12:21:30 PM
Anamaria,

What beautiful and interesting pictures! Thank you so much for sharing them with us!!

Have a wonderful day!

Lisa :`)
Lisa Reddell :`)
Do you love candles?
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/23/2006 12:33:26 PM

Hi Georgios,

Yes, I'm growing :-)
I have to say that I'm kind of strugling with some of the features that is why I fist made the post somewhere else. LOL SO, I can trick you! Ups!!

Hi again Georgios,
I had to give up with the last post and replace it with this one because something wasn't working well. I still have to study :-)

Your friend,
Anamaria
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/23/2006 12:39:48 PM
Hello Lisa!

My son was fascinated when we visited SIGHISOARA last Summer.
One can still feel the "taste" of those times.

It would be a real pitty to distroy all these.

Some of our Governers would do here somkind of Disney Land, just called DRACULA LAND! This would do much harm to all the environment; there is no plain place so they should make some place for that. What a foolish thing to do.

Glad you came and you liked the pics.
With friendship,
Anamaria
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!