Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Online Etiquette Leads You To Success
7/23/2006 11:16:42 AM

Cheri,

That was a most eloquently stated analogy, excellent. You are much more representative of the overall AdlandPro membership mindset I believe anyway. People are generally helpful and the poison pens are few and far between.

Claudio, that is what your ban user and blocking feature are designed for. If enough people start getting blocked because of their offensive behavior, then those few might begin to get the message and start taking the time to further their education about online etiquette. The information is all here at ALP to study.

Just ask someone for help if you need to. We were all novice to something at one time or another and the learning process is never ending. Don't be bashful. The only dumb question, is the one that is never asked.

Thank you Cheri for your valued opinion on such a delicate subject.

Mark

+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Online Etiquette Leads You To Success
7/27/2006 2:07:55 AM

Mark,

You're welcome.  I apologize for the delay in getting back here. I enjoyed a long weekend due to a state holiday, and came back to over 250 notifications!

I'm happy to report that Claudio has accepted my offer of friendship.  I'd like to introduce him, and anyone here who has not already met them, to a few people whose forum threads are always interesting, lively, and ad-free by policy. I meant to add links but I don't seem to understand how that function works in this editor.  Please find them with the People Find search function.

Advisor Linda Caroll writes on a variety of subjects that come up in her reading, and is a marketing and web design expert.  She is generous with her time and help, has a soft heart for animals and children and a fierce temper for scam artists. 

For his contributions to the community, Bogdan has awarded Dave Cottrell the designation of Power Member.  His forum Focus on Facts is all about what makes sense on the internet and what doesn't.  His prose is something to be envied...I use it as inspiration for improving my own.

Mary Hoffstetter has also recently been named Power Member, after starting a thread that received over 6,000 views about the new features here at Adland.  She also has a garden forum and the Community Bulletin Board where she gathers a number of other interesting threads on a weekly basis.

These are just a few of the many caring, interesting, sociable people around town.  To list them all would be impossible, but I'll give you a hint...quite a few if not most of them will be found interacting in the forums that these three post.

Cheri

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!