Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: How to Succeed with Traffic Exchanges
7/22/2006 4:23:47 AM
Hi Charles, In a nutshell, double opt in leads are leads that have first filled in a questionaire giving you their email address, and then who have replied to a confirmation email from you declaring their expectation to receive future emailings from you. Many lead companies sell so-called double opt in leads. Basically, the rule is "buyer beware." They are NOT your double opt in leads until they have replied to YOUR email declaring their expectation to receive email from you. Furthermore, buying leads is no longer a great idea, unless you have a lot of money to burn. Most of the commercial email sent out today is captured and dumped by spam filters, making it a rather expensive way to advertise. Whatever you do, do not send out email even to true double opt in leads from your main email account, as some joker will always complain, which can cause you to lose your email account. One very excellent system for gaining your OWN leads on a limited budget is at http://paylessleads.com . (One of my sites) While I do sell leads via this URL, the main site offers a way for you to obtain your very own free opt in leads. It is important to note that it takes a lot of traffic to get any amount of leads this way, but they are good leads and do generally read their mail. God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/22/2006 4:41:25 AM
Hi Mary, By now, you know I can be brutally honest! LOL. As an owner of an autosurf, I could tell you they're the most wonderful invention since sliced bread! LOL! Autosurfs are generally not a very good way to advertise. In the majority of cases, from my experience, people turn them on and walk away, never seeing most of the sites that are in rotation. The autosurf I own is an exception right now, and I am trying to understand why. From the email I get every day, I know that people ARE watching the sites that come up a lot - it MAY be because I have the timer set much higher than most autosurfs, have a lower level of restrictions than most, have a very visible menu button that allows members to instantly and easily open a site that catches their eye in a new window, and crack down hard on abusers when I catch them. It has been a most interesting experience, and not what I expected. It has been surprising, to say the least. What autosurfs are especially not good for is for advertising replicated websites. Owners of MLMs and affiliate programs absolutely hate them, because they burn up THEIR bandwidth and generate almost no sales. Most autosurfs run a ten second timer, which gives no one any time to actually see the site, and if a member wants to view the site in a new window, it's usually a real pain or downright impossible without closing the autosurf. What autosurfs ARE good for is for raising the profile of your OWN website with traffic watchers like Alexa, which, in turn, raises your rating in the search engines. I personally have tested this and have seen my Alexa ratings and my REAL traffic rise tremendously. That said, always be aware that search engines are constantly changing their rules, so be careful not to overdo it with autosurfs. Try to use autosurfs that have a longer viewing time than 10 seconds, as anything less tells you that NO ONE is paying any attention to the sites in rotation. With any kind of traffic exchange, always remember that what your goal should be is to build a downline in as many exchanges as possible, greatly increasing the amount of traffic to your website, while decreasing the amount of work YOU have to do. You want to have traffic coming to your website from as many DIFFERENT sources as possible, as that is one thing that REALLY catches the "eye" of the search engines. In other words, never put all your time into surfing ONE exchange. What that will show the search engines is that someone from the same location is visiting your site over and over again. God bless, Dave
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/22/2006 7:35:08 AM

Dave,

Your auto surf makes it difficult to walk away and leave.  One must sit and monitor constantly.  I made the mistake of forgetting to turn it off once when I left home.

NOT A GOOD IDEA to have a senior moment.

+0
JJ
JJ Pickels

79 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/22/2006 10:05:28 AM

Hi Dave!

Thank you for the wealth of information! Being "new" to Internet Marketing there is a lot of things I've been unclear on.

Traffic Exchanges baffle me at this point. Firefox I've heard of. I am a member of Traffic Hoopla, so I'll go read up on that today.

Again, Thanks, God Bless,

Jackie

DizzyMarketer.com

J J Pickels http://community.adlandpro.com/go/joypix/myWebPage.aspx Important to Your Health & Well-being! http://tinyurl.com/27hjzh Are You an Infoprenuer? http://tinyurl.com/38bffs Go Now!!!
+0
7/22/2006 7:54:57 PM

Man Dave.. I stopped surfing for awhile now.  I really need to organize my folders like you said.  And make time for it in the mornings like I use to. Another "To DO" list.

Philena

Don't delete my cookies, They're YUMMY!!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!