Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Bjornerud

1658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: What about Networking Spam?
7/4/2006 5:20:59 PM
Hi Kathy, Comparing to "regular" email spam again: I would never ever reply to a spam email by promoting my own website, business affiliate program or anything similar. Couple of reasons: A spammer can succesfully accuse you of spamming if you do it. Never a good idea to answer to any promotion with: "Look at what I got". (Different if you can link it to what they promote) I can live with not opening msgs, but I would prefer another option.
Roger Bjornerud - Back from vacation - Planning the next :)
roger.bjornerud@gmail.com

Free Leads System . Click here to visit my Blog 5 Key Formula Steps

+0
Roger Bjornerud

1658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/4/2006 5:26:01 PM
Hi Lisa, I can block after they have sent it. :) If all members did it once then I would have received 32.749 messages before it stopped. Blocking is easy as it comes as an option in the messages. I won't block you Lisa. :) First post should say that I check if they are on my friends list first, and I haven't blocked or reported anyone. Thought I should find out how others do things first. :)

+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/4/2006 6:15:10 PM
Hi Roger, Thanks for inviting me to this forum. I will approach it like Dr Phil replied once when a lady asked him if wanting too much sex is normal. His answer was that as long as what you do is not affecting your life negatively, everything is normal. There is no bad or good. There are only consequences. I believe the same is with spam or too much contact at the community. As long as amount of received messages and responses is manageable and it doesn't discourage you from coming here, you are not overstepping accepted norms. There are several tools provided to community members to handle what can be considered as not normal or excessive. 1. Blocking the poster. 2. Removing the poster from your friends list. 3. Providing feedback on the persons stats tab. 4. Contacting admin and reporting the person. First 3 actions are reflected in person's profile. We show how many people are blocking you, how many friends you have and how many people deleted you as a friend and of course there is a rating system from 1 to 10. Other members can view this information before accepting someone as a friend. I'm sure that before one person could annoy individually 30,000 members, we as admin and entire community would know about it. In the past we have terminated a few members and suspended one temporarily due to complaints. In general there is no complaints of that nature. Bogdan
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Roger Bjornerud

1658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/4/2006 7:44:12 PM
Thanks for dropping by Bogdan. :) I watch Dr. Phil a bit too, but not enough to quote him.. ;) (Could be caused by bad memory of course) I have a few thoughts but I'll let them simmer a while. Maybe I'll loosen up a bit.. ;)

+0
Rose Enderud

2223 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/4/2006 10:38:51 PM
Hello Roger, I get maybe one or two dozen ads a week this way. I blocked one user who sent the same ad almost daily. Most of the others are from people on my friends list. I get more when I have sent out an adlander direct contact or after I have invited a group of new members to my friends list. In these cases I made first contact so should welcome a reply. We are here to network. I expect some unsolicited contacts. Scammers I immediately report to Bogdan and he takes care of them. Rose
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!