Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Peeing on a Symbol of Sacrifice
7/3/2006 7:55:36 PM
Happy Birthday to Canada and to the United States of America. It is fitting that such close friends should celebrate their respective birthdays within a few days of each other! Here in Canada, we have just experienced the kind of ignorance, disrespect and bad taste that is becoming all to common in free countries around the world (in the not-so-free countries, this would likely carry a prison and/or death sentence.) On Saturday night, July 1, Canada Day, several ignorant hooligans urinated on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in front of the Canadian War Memorial, erected in 1939 to honour the dead from WWI. The tomb, itself, erected in 1995, contains the remains of an unknown soldier from that war. It has come to represent the more than 116,000 Canadian soldiers killed in conflict over the years. Not only is it a disgrace to deface a grave in such a way, it is a disgrace and a crime to take advantage of the freedoms won for us by the sacrifice of others in such a disgusting manner. These criminals have symbolically defecated on the memories of sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, aunts, uncles, friends, cousins, and grandparents who have sacrificed everything for our freedom. Their disrespect is appalling and should not be ignored. For the full story, see http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060703/war_deface_060703/20060703?hub=TopStories God bless, Dave
+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Peeing on a Symbol of Sacrifice
7/4/2006 4:38:15 PM
Hello Dave, Happy Birthday CA and US!! This report is disgusting!!! What our youth has become is very disturbing. What ever happened to teaching kindness and respect for others when a childs social life begins???? It just barely exsist anymore. As as you can see it turns into this Crap!!! Parents!!! I definatly think punishment should take place here. Teach them holigans some respect and knock that ignorence right out of them that there parents should have taught them. Plus the parents should be addressed too. I guess it would depend on how old these youths are though. They should all be addressed and held accountable. God Bless!! Your Friend,
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/5/2006 4:32:33 AM
Hi Lee Lu, These, sad to say, were actually adults! What astonishes me so much is that people show so little respect for the military and the police, and yet they are the first ones they run to in times of trouble! God bless, Dave
+0
Lis
Lis Figueras

84 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/5/2006 8:08:13 AM
Hello Lee lu / Dave, I agree with you Lee Lu our youth is too complicated at this day. Not all off course, we still have hope. The new first page newspaper is about a massacre at Guanica PR. Few young guy where disturbing a man and his family on a beach camping area. Then the guys start firing their guns to their place and one of the man daughters get to the floor to protect herself form the guns and the man thought that she was died and then He start to kill the four boys for that. Those boys between 19-25 years where disturbing that man few weeks ago too at his store and he present a complaint to the police against the guys and they still disturbing the man. And yesterday act was what filled the vase it's really sad. But what we as parents do about it? Some parents did not teach respect to their young. So where we will end up to. Have a great day and God Bless. Regards, Lis ********************** Great recommendation: http://bringyourbuddy.net/?id=60804
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/26/2006 1:04:30 AM

Hi Dave,

My husband, who is a Civil War buff, read that some unknown persons pulled tombstones of veterans off their foundations at a Civil War national cemetary. They were repaired at great expense,  then the hooligans did it again, pulled them off their foundations by putting chains around them and pulling with their truck. It appears we have some who show the same disrespect for our veterans that you experienced in Canada.

DonnaZ

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!