Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Blink Of An Eye
6/25/2006 9:06:18 PM
Hello Friends, It has been said that a person's reputation is the most important thing they have. Good, Bad or Indifferent, whatever it is, it will shape their life, as well as their future. Many people who start a business fall into the "Indifferent" category, as they have not had time to build one. This is one reason people who are starting a business hire a spokesperson. It is normally someone who is well known, and respected in his or her field. If you intend to do business on the web a good reputation is extremely important. The web is a difficult medium to pursue a business on if you are unknown. That is why it is important to have a web site that gives your prospective customers information about, not only your business, but you as well. A short paragraph or two with a picture will go a long way. But that is just the beginning. You must also be known on the web as a person who is knowledgeable in your field. There are a number of ways to do this, and exposure is the key. How can you get your name in front of people as an expert. Some go the "spam" route, which is a mistake. You might get to be well known, but most people have a dislike for this type of email. You just may be building a "bad" reputation, and wind up being someone they consciously avoid. I receive information from forged addresses, concerning recasting my home mortgage, on a daily basis. These are the last people with whom I would do business. Writing articles is a good way to get known. Publishers have an ongoing need for fresh articles and normally welcome submissions. A search of the web will quickly find publications, which would be suitable for your submissions. You should also publish your articles at web sites that allow submissions. Many publishers frequent these sites looking for content for their publications. A good place to start is the web site at: http://www.marketing-seek.com where you can easily submit your article. Publishing your own newsletter also helps. It doesn't have to be long or involved, but it should be published on a definite schedule. There is a lot of different thinking on how frequently it should be published. Some people think that a monthly schedule is a waste of time, as people may forget who you are between publications. Some feel that weekly is OK and others, myself included, feel that the more exposure you have the better. Whatever frequency you select, it is imperative that it is published on a regular basis. If it is once a week, pick a day that it will be published, and stick with it. If you are not going to publish in any given week, be sure to notify your subscribers in advance so they don't wonder what happened. Building a subscriber base is normally a slow process. You should have a sign-up process on your website. You can use either a form for this or have them send you an email. A form is the preferred way as it is immediately identifiable as a subscription when it is received. If you don't use a form, then at least list your email address with subscribe in the subject so it doesn't get "trashed" with the rest of the spam you receive. Use something that will immediately identify it as a submission like mailto:aussie-money-tree@getresponse.com?subject=Subscribe - this way it will automatically insert the word "Subscribe" in the subject of the email. Whatever route you take on your road to building your reputation, probably the most important thing to remember is that the memory of most folks is short, and you will be forgotten the "blink of an eye". There are thousands of new prospects becoming available everyday. If you hope to do business on the web, you must not only build a good reputation, but you must be visible to your prospects on an ongoing and regular basis. Thanks for your visit Leanne Busby Aussie-Money-Tree Newsletter
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Blink Of An Eye
6/25/2006 9:29:26 PM
Hi Leanne, This is nicely written. I have wanted to do a newsletter, but a format has not come to me. As for reputation, the internet can be a difficult place to build such. It takes consistency so that people can see that what they are seeing is really you. One day a person posts dirty jokes, the next day they try to make you think they are a serious business person. One day they post on forums by saying "thank you for the story", when the forum was giving urls of good business. Who you are today, is who you should be tomorrow. Consistency, consistency, consistency but always polishing that reputation.
+0
Cheryl Baxter

2279 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/25/2006 9:29:54 PM
Hi Leanne, Great advice, & I'm sure that whatever reputation you build will make a difference in what your income level attained is. Thanks for sharing this, Cheryl
http://texasgalswholesaleproperties.com "browse our current properties" http://fortworthwholesaleproperty.com "check out our real estate blog" http://mydiscountchristianbooks.com "online bibles, books, music, more"
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/25/2006 9:41:10 PM
I feel doing forums, participating and networking on Adlandpro is a form of this. I don't know if I am up to a Newsletter, and don't feel like I know enough .... but have learned a lot in the last 6 months on Adlandpro, considering it took me two months to figure out how to invite friends, do a forum, and get a picture on (which my son had to do for me, ha, ha!!!) Linda
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/26/2006 8:15:50 AM
Hello Leanne, Thanks for helping us out with developing a business! You are a real friend! Have a blessed day! Carla :)
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!