Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Eliminating Problems from Your Life Completely
6/29/2006 8:21:44 PM
Hi John Your example of how to forget about a situation (problem) by focusing your attention on something more desirable reminded me of an episode of the excellent TV program, "The Shield". A member of the detective squad was describing how to beat a lie detector test. For example, if one of the questions was, "Did you kill your wife", the ploy is to quickly change the question in your mind to, "Did you win the lottery?" which enables you to answer "no" with conviction.
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/30/2006 11:37:11 PM
Hello Christine, This is Luella. When we view our problems in this manner, they don't seem to be quite overwhelming. Kindest regards, Luella May and John Elliott, aka Oaky wood
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/30/2006 11:39:38 PM
Hello John, This is Luella. You have brought up quite an interesting lesson in focusing. I will remember that should I ever need to take a lie detector test. Thank you. heh heh. Kindest regards, Luella May and John Elliott, aka Oaky wood
+0
7/22/2006 12:36:36 AM
Hi Luella and John! Thank you for putting such a positive spin on dealing with situations both big and small. It is so easy to get caught up in things and lose sight of what you know needs to be done to create better situations....getting caught in negative spirals that just perpetuate the undesirable situations is just overwhelmingly easy when faced with stubborn issues. How nice of you to haul us back to the starting line so we may remake our situations into something wonderful... Tracey
Want to know how to make your business a HIT?? http://www.home-income-team.com/info/witchywoman22164/businessahit.html You Know "The Money Is In The List" - But Don't Have One? Signup, Login, & Send! http://www.listbandit.com/index.php/witchywoman22
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/25/2006 8:29:47 AM

Hello Tracey,

I am so glad that you have enjoyed this article.  What is really important, is the beauty in life.  When we latch on to our problems, they seem to get bigger and out of proportion.  You know, like making a mountain out of a mole hill.  It's all in where we focus.

Kindest regards,

Luella May and John Elliott, aka Oaky Wood

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!