Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Adlandpro Community Cookbook-MEAT
5/20/2006 11:57:45 PM
Meat is the main character in our meal planning.... the center around which the rest of the meal is planned. All other foods are chosen on the basis of how well they will go with the meat selected. Meat is the most expensive item so we want to make sure it is cooked correctly. We will present our best meat recipes here using beef, pork, or lamb. Fowl and fish will be another page.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Adlandpro Community Cookbook-MEAT
5/21/2006 12:11:31 AM
OVEN BARBECUED RIBS 1/4 C OIL 3-4 LBS PORK SPARERIBS, CUT INTO SERVING SIZE PIECES. Brown the ribs in a skillet, remove ribs and discard the drippings, keeping 2 T in the skillet. Arrange ribs in 13 x 9 baking dish, cover and bake for 1 hour. In the reserved drippings, add: 1/2 c chopped onion 1/3 c celery 1/4 c grated carrot Saute over medium heat til tender. Stir in and cook for 5 min.: 1/3 c catsup 1/4 c packed brown sugar 1 T prepared mustard 1 1/2 t. chili pepper 1/2 t. salt 1/4 t. cayenne Drain the ribs, Baste generously with sauce. Bake 375 30-60 minutes until tender. We seldom eat pork, but this is one delight that does make it into onto our table. I have been using this recipe for about 25 years. This could be adapted to grilling outside. It is the homemade barbecue sauce that this cook so enjoys.....fresh ingredients simmered to perfection.
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/5/2006 4:18:33 PM
Hello Mary I'm going to try you recipe next week end. It sounds good. Here's another one for oven baked spare ribs, although you can cook them the barbeque too. this is the recipe that my family enjoy. SWEET & SOUR SPARE RIBS 3-4lbs pork spare ribs 1 Cup of Oil (olive or sunflower is best9 2 cups soya sauce Juice of 2/3 fresh oranges Juice of 1 lemon 1/8 cup of honey 2 bay/laurel leaves 6 blackpeppercorns - crushed salt to taste 2 cloves of fresh garlic - crushed half a teaspoon of dried oregan (or 1/4 fresh) Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl. Place the ribs in an ovenproof dish and pour the mixture over it and leave it in the refrigerator overnight to marinate. Set oven to heat to medium. Place dish of ribs with marinade in the oven and bake, without covering for 30-45 minutes. Serve with a salad and crispy french bread. This recipe can also be used with belly pork.
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/6/2006 11:50:44 AM
Hello Mary! Here is one of our most apreciated recipe when going out in the nature. We use to prepare this at home and than we only have to fry them. Romanian Grilled Minced Meat Rolls Submitted by: iona Submit a recipe photo "Romanian Grilled Minced Meat Rolls (MICI) are great when grilled, but you could roast or pan-fry. Serve hot with good Italian bread and mustard accompanied by a cold beer. It is great for backyard parties. My friends just love it !" Original recipe yield: 4 servings. Prep Time: 40 Minutes Cook Time: 5 Minutes Ready In: 45 Minutes INGREDIENTS: * 2 pounds ground beef * 8 ounces chopped suet * 1/4 teaspoon baking soda * 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds * 3 cloves garlic, minced * salt and pepper to taste * 1 teaspoon finely ground juniper berries * 2 tablespoons water * 3 tablespoons vegetable oil * 2 tablespoons beef broth DIRECTIONS: 1. In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, suet, baking soda, caraway seeds, garlic, salt, pepper and juniper berries using your hands. Mix with your hands for about 15 minutes, adding a little bit of the water at a time. This part can be made a few hours ahead of time if you like. 2. Preheat a grill for high heat. With wet hands form the meat into rolls about 3 inches long and 1 inch thick. Brush lightly with oil. 3. Grill the meat for 5 to 10 minutes, basting frequently with a mixture of beef broth and any remaining oil, until well done. Wish you a good apprtite! Anamaria ;-)
+0
Re :Adlandpro Community Cookbook-MEAT
7/8/2006 3:02:33 PM
Meat Recipe - Cook in Electric Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast 1 Box Lipton Onion Soup Mix Baby carrots Potatoes (hopefully new potatoes) 2 cups water Put roast in slow cooker and sprinkle with soup mix. Add carrots, potatoes, other vegetables if desired Add 2 cups water. Cook on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Near the end thicken the gravy with flour. Prepare and turn on slow cooker before going out to work. Come home to a slow-cooked meal ready to eat. Just make the gravy and supper is ready. Builder99
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!