Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Name Name

74 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Yes I am Struggling
5/18/2006 11:41:21 PM
I do not where to advertise or how for best results. I really need help in getting recruits to my businesses. any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated, thanks sheree
+0
Re: Yes I am Struggling
5/19/2006 12:30:01 AM
Hi Sheree; =========== I do not where to advertise or how for best results. I really need help in getting recruits to my businesses. any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated =========== Hope you don't mind me being completely honest with you, and I hope you find it helpful. First of all, you don't have businesses. You have affiliate links. A "business" as a noun, means a) The occupation, work, or trade in which a person is engaged. (ie; the wholesale food business) b) A commercial enterprise or establishment (ie; bought his uncle's business) Since you don't appear to have a website or a commercial establishment, you don't have a business -- you are a sales rep for three different businesses. As a sales rep, you need leads. But there's the rub that everyone runs into online. People buy from people they trust. So how do you get people to trust you enough to look at what you sell? -- you could build a website and a mailing list, or forum or blog, or all the above. You could write and communicate and build a list of people that trust you and what you have to say. But, if all you do is send sales pitches, they won't stick around. -- you could hang out at places like adland and other communities, putting in insane hours building relationships and hoping people will eventually join in. How well it works, I don't know. I've repeatedly asked if ANYONE makes 1,000/month or more online and no one raises their hand. Others have asked the same question with the same result. I do know of one person that's making a semi decent income selling the same candles you sell -- but she sells them offline, not online. And to be honest, I wouldn't personally promote that company because they use paraffin in their candles and call them soy because legally, as long as a candle manufacturer uses 51% soy, they can call them soy candles. (I know because I checked them out myself last year...) While I don't care what any candle maker uses in their candles, I don't approve of that fine line stuff. It's no different than flavored coffee companies that add 1 kona bean per pound and can "legally" call their coffee "kona blend." Point is, I think a company should be up front about what they offer and not tuck the legal description away in the fine print. I've gotten off track a bit, but I'll bet you didn't know that about the candle industry, and you're working in it. And that's part of my point, really. When you want to have a business, you need to pick something you are passionate enough about so that you DO have more knowledge than your competitors. That's what makes a business stand head and shoulders above the crowd, especially a small or home business or entrepreneur. One can not simultaneously do what everyone else does and stand out from the crowd enough to achieve success. You have to pick. Be like everyone else... which means struggling along with little or no results... or do something totally different and stand out from the crowd. With all affiliate programs, 98% of the affiliates make 2% of the sales. The top 2% make 98% of the sales. Know why? Because those 2% have followers. They have done the work to build a group of people that follow them and trust them and buy from them. I think you need to either build a following of your own.... or pick something you can be passionate about - and start a real home business that you can sink your teeth into. Otherwise, you're no different than the other thousands of people here, hawking affiliate links and wondering why it's not working. And I don't say that with mean spirit at all... but more to have you stop and look around and then pop yourself onto the right track. One that goes somewhere. : ) Linda
+0
7/19/2006 8:24:53 AM

Hi Linda and Hi Sheree,

Sherree joined Hot spot Map from me and yes it can and does make people money but it also serves as a Tool to put your Urls on to save time by promoting just one page

I too have several affiliate programs I work but mostly for my own personal use or later to promote Offline in flea markets.. It is true it is very hard to get noticed online with alot of stuff at there and spend alot of money and feel overwelmed

I used to jump from one program to the other because I saw all this money people claimed to make and I thought I could do it too

Right Now I promote but mostly my newsletter and on yhis I list my opps so if people want to see they can. I would rather share things with others that seem to work or what I am trying

it is all trial and error.. I have learned now with age and money loss to be more cauitious and take my time and look carefully at what and Why I am joining so I do not get as disappointed as I was before

thanks Patricia

Nothing EVER Like this BEFORE!..A Garden That Pays YOU!Pre-Register FREE..We Launch in JanuaryNo other Opportunity Competes or Compares to thishttp://myorganicacres.com/index.php?id=1189 =============Get Listed at my Online Directoryhttp://onthebeachonline.com/
+0
Name Name

74 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/19/2006 1:49:41 PM

Hi Linda no I do not mind you being honest that is how we learn from each other.  I am not promoting the candles online anymore I am in a new opportunity that I really like alot. thanks for your info, sheree If you would like to view this opportunity take a look

http:www.ptc101.com/?CS799650049  

+0
Name Name

74 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/19/2006 1:51:00 PM

Hi Linda no I do not mind you being honest that is how we learn from each other.  I am not promoting the candles online anymore I am in a new opportunity that I really like alot. thanks for your info, sheree If you would like to view this opportunity take a look

http://www.ptc101.com/?CS799650049

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!