Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Re :Adlandpro Community Cookbook--CANDY
11/23/2006 6:24:04 AM
Ohio, The Buckeye State is so named, because the buckkeye tree is our state tree. A chocolate/peanut butter lover dubbed this candy "The Buckeye". The small chocolate ball the size of the buckeye will need a small area without chocolate to look just like a buckeye, the fruit of the buckeye tree. The real buckeyes are poisonous to humans, cattle and horses. Squirrels eat them. But humans love these little dolops of fudge dipped in chocolate. Bet you can't eat just one. Buckeye Candy 1 12oz jar peanut butter (Smooth) 1 stick butter 1 lb. Box powdered sugar 1 cup chocolate chips few slivers of parafin Melt peanut butter and butter in double boiler on low heat. Stir in powdered sugar Allow mixture to cool until it can be handled. Roll into 1 inch balls. In double boiler, melt chocolate chips and add parafin. Dip buckeyes into the chocolate using a spoon or toothpick leaving room for the eye of the buckeye. Place on waxed paper.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Re :Adlandpro Community Cookbook--CANDY
11/23/2006 6:30:10 AM
Here is another version omitting the parafin and adding graham crackers. She suggests cooling the dough in the refridgerator. This author serves them in tiny wrappers like the most exqusite chocolate. She has a nice visual of the buckeye also. http://southernfood.about.com/od/candyrecipes/r/bl30223j.htm
+0
Mary Smith

231 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Adlandpro Community Cookbook--CANDY
12/12/2006 1:13:15 PM

Fudge

1 can - sweetened condensed milk

2 cups - chocolate chips

1 tsp. - vanilla

1 cup - chopped nuts (optional)

Directions: Heat milk and choc.chips until chips mix in with the milk and are completely melted. Mix thoroughly, add vanilla and nuts and mix well.

Set aside for 15 minutes.

On a wax paper-lined platter or cookie sheet, drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. I put mine in the fridge for about 30 minutes so it will firm up faster but you don't have to.

Does not need to be stored in the fridge. I just put mine in plastic containers and mail them out!

This is a very easy recipe and all of my family love it!

Enjoy!

Mary :)

Make a Child Smile http://www.makeachildsmile.org
+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/12/2006 10:10:09 PM

Hi once again Mary

.. you asked I am delivering lol

Cocoa Fudge yummmmmmmmmmmmm

You really need a candy thermometer of be experienced in candy making for this one.. hint ice cold water is the key if you don't have a candy thermometer...you test in the water !

3 cups sugar

2/3/ cups real cocoa

1/4 tsp salt

1 1/2 cups milk

1/4 cup margarine / butter really don't work well!

1 tsp. real vanilla

Butter 8-9 inch square pan.  In very Heavy pan mix sugar, cocoa and salt; stir in milk. I used canned milk this works best. undiluted. not sweet .. .

Heat slowly  until sugar dissolves.  Bring to rolling boil, stirring to 234 degrees ( this is soft ball stage) . Remove from heat, add  margarine and vanilla. Cool at room temperature to 110 degrees. ( lukewarm)  Beat until fudge thickens. and loses some of its gloss.  spread in pan. Cool . cut into spuares. cut small this is VERY RICH Fudge.  makes about  3 dozen .

You can add chopped nuts if you like .. walnuts or pecans works great or pecans.. about 3/4 cup add at 110 degrees  before cuttting.

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/12/2006 10:25:37 PM

Hi Mary ;

We been making this since I was a young kid..

What would the Holidays be with out peanut brittle ????????

Peanut Brittle

2 cups sugar

1 cup (kayro) light corn syrup

1/2 cup water

1/4  cup dark molasses

2 Tbsp. butter

2 cups salted peanuts hulled of coarse

1 Tbsp. soda

1 tsp. vanilla

Butter large pan . cookie sheet is okay .. set aside.

Combine sugar, syrup and water in 3 quart saucepan.  Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar melts. Cook to hard crack state or to 290 degrees . stir in molasses and butter.  continue to cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat, quickly stir in vanilla, peanuts and soda. Mix thoroughly . Pour into buttered pan. Spread out . when cool .. break into pieces.. about 2 pounds.

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!