Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Adlandpro Community Cookbook--COOKIES
5/9/2006 5:34:34 PM
Some of the sweetist memories of Home are bound up with Mother's cookie jar. My cousin and I recently remembered our grandmothers sugar cookies. She kept them in a pan covered with a towel and they sat on a ledge at the top of the basement steps to keep cool. No sugar cookie ever tasted so good. Here we list our favorite cookies with flavors that make you want to have several with a glass of cool milk or maybe tea or coffee.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Adlandpro community cookbook--COOKIES
5/9/2006 5:53:45 PM
Russian Tea Cakes These are probably not Russian, nor are they tea or cake. You will recognize them as cookies that are now a popular store boughten item. But these will be fresh and ever so good. I have served these every Christmas eve since my children were little. Hope you enjoy. Mix together thoroughly....1 cup soft butter 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar 1 tsp. vanilla Sift together and stir in: 2 1/4 cups flour 1/4 tsp. salt Mix in 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts Chill dough. Roll into 1" balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet (cookies do not spread). Bake til set, but not brown. While still warm, roll in confectioners' sugar. Cool and roll again in confectioners' sugar.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/26/2006 1:40:29 PM
To Make a Holiday Cookie Gift http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/528684.aspx
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/26/2006 2:36:28 PM
Thumbprint Cookies When I was a young teenager, someone baked this lovely cookie for a wedding shower. I asked for a copy of the recipe only to be told that it was a family secret from her Aunt in Canada. Being curious and somewhat stubborn, I checked out my pride and joy cookbook by Betty Crocker. Low and Behold, there was a picture of that very cookie. Old family secret, my foot!!!! So here it is for the world to know. I have only ever filled the cookie with jelly--grape, or berries. Luckly some will break in the transfer and handling so you get to eat some too!!!! They do look nice on a cookie platter because of the beautiful filling. No cookie platter of mine has ever been without. Thumb Print Cookies 1/2 c. soft shortening (half butter) or use all butter 1/4 c. brown sugar (packed) 1 egg yolk 1/2 t. vanilla Mix thoroughly Sift together and stir in: 1 c. sifted flour 1/4 tsp. salt Roll into 1 " balls. Dip in slightly beaten egg whites. Roll in finely chopped nuts (3/4 cup). Place about 1 " apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 5 min. Remove from the oven. Quickly press thumb gently on top of each cookie making an indentation. Return to the oven and bake 8 min. longer. Cool In the thumbprint place a bit of chopped candied fruit, sparkling jelly, or tinted confectioners sugar.
+0
Mary Smith

231 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/13/2006 1:30:05 PM

Molasses Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:

¾ cup – shortening

1 cup – sugar

¼ cup – Brer Rabbit Molasses

1 – egg, beaten

2 tsp. – baking soda

2 cups – flour

½ tsp. – ground cloves

½ tsp. – ground ginger

1 tsp. – cinnamon

½ tsp. – salt

Directions: Melt shortening over low heat. Remove from heat and let cool! Add sugar, molasses, and egg; beat well.

Sift together flour, soda, cloves, ginger, cinnamon and salt. Then add to first mixture.

Mix well and chill, about 1 hour.

Make 1" balls and roll in sugar. Place on greased cookie sheets, 2 " apart.

375 oven, Cook 8-10 minutes. Time may vary according to your oven.

My girls love these cookies and I make them every Christmas!

Enjoy!

Mary J

Make a Child Smile http://www.makeachildsmile.org
+0